Re: EASTER Brickfilm Contest 2014 [TIME IS UP]

Here is my entry. Hope you guys like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YCuRrabKRU

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

CarrollFilms wrote:

Here is my entry. Hope you guys like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YCuRrabKRU

Careful, Satanic materiel included.

By the way, this will not count as an entry as I'm sure you already knew that. It also exceeds 20 seconds.

Last edited by LASF (March 28, 2014 (05:10am))

Ok, let me start off by saying, "what!?"

Am I not allowed to express my religious freedom in a video?! So what I praise Satan, is that a problem?!?!

Secondly, the animation was literally 20 seconds. The intro and end credits should not be included. If you time the animation then it will come out to 20 seconds. I didn't know you were saying the whole video.

CarrollFilms wrote:

Am I not allowed to express my religious freedom in a video?! So what I praise Satan, is that a problem?!?!

Secondly, the animation was literally 20 seconds. The intro and end credits should not be included. If you time the animation then it will come out to 20 seconds. I didn't know you were saying the whole video.

Carroll, you don't praise Satan. If you did, I doubt this video would be how you express it. The animation used in the video was from Onion's video, therefore even if you didn't go over 20 seconds it wouldn't be counted, but you already knew that. The title card rule was put in place to stop videos (like this one) from getting in the contest. Your video was almost 50 seconds, 30 over which are "title cards". Again, you already knew that. You're just doing this "I'm-playing-dumb-look-how-funny-I-am" thing.

LASF wrote:
CarrollFilms wrote:

Carroll, you don't praise Satan. If you did, I doubt this video would be how you express it. The animation used in the video was from Onion's video, therefore even if you didn't go over 20 seconds it wouldn't be counted, but you already knew that. The title card rule was put in place to stop videos (like this one) from getting in the contest. Your video was almost 50 seconds, 30 over which are "title cards". Again, you already knew that. You're just doing this "I'm-playing-dumb-look-how-funny-I-am" thing.

First, you mock my religion, now you mock my video! I put a lot of time and effort into my videos I'll have you know. The fact you're not examining what kind of amazing entry this is, you should really reconsider all the other "amazing" entries.

CarrollFilms wrote:
LASF wrote:
CarrollFilms wrote:

First, you mock my religion, now you mock my video! I put a lot of time and effort into my videos I'll have you know. The fact you're not examining what kind of amazing entry this is, you should really reconsider all the other "amazing" entries.

This argument is a dead-end. Please either make an actual entry or ignore the contest.

Is it acceptable if an entry is a second or two longer then the time limit due to YouTube or something?

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

PushOverProductions wrote:

Is it acceptable if an entry is a second or two longer then the time limit due to YouTube or something?

Yes, that's fine. An entry that becomes a second or so longer while exporting is fine. Same goes if YouTube does something wacky.

CarrollFilms wrote:
LASF wrote:
CarrollFilms wrote:

The constant trolling is irritating enough in general threads, but derailing a contest topic to play these games is not acceptable behavior. If you don't stop, you will be banned.

Even though Carroll is trolling, I think he makes a good point that the title and credits shouldn't count.

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

Even though Carroll is trolling, I think he makes a good point that the title and credits shouldn't count.

It was in the previous years' rules. It's to avoid having half the video be titles and the end result be, I don't know, 40 seconds.

Okay

Alrighty... I'm definitely going to enter this! Already have an idea planned and ready for filming. mini/bigsmile

Schoching Brick Productions.

LASF wrote:
Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

It was in the previous years' rules. It's to avoid having half the video be titles and the end result be, I don't know, 40 seconds.

I'm backing LASF here, that's the way EASTER has always been run, no need to change it. Also, I thought of an idea I might actually be able to do, but the whole thing hinges on whether or not they have what I need at the LEGO store, so I'm not 100% confident.

The allure of EASTER is mostly in the fact that it is so restrictive, and that you have super-tight boundaries to work in.
It's the creativity and genius that most people show even while keeping within those restrictions that make EASTER so popular and fun. Smashing the entire video, credits and all, in that time is just part of the game. That is the nature of the contest, submit to the rules, make a logical and well-organized petition for change, or don't enter. And I think LASF has already addressed the issue in a comprehensive enough manner, so it's over now.

Carroll, it would be very nice if you would put forth some effort into not being as distracting and troll-ish. You've been around long enough that you know what's right and what's wrong. You know how to behave and you have been warned before. I suggest getting your act in order...very quickly.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Carroll, it would be very nice if you would put forth some effort into not being as distracting and troll-ish. You've been around long enough that you know what's right and what's wrong. You know how to behave and you have been warned before. I suggest getting your act in order...very quickly. mini/lol

Because I stated that the time limit is very restrictive?! Might as well go and give THAC entries a time limit of no more than 1 minute entries even though they have 24 hours to animate. How long until entries are closed? Oh yea, APRIL 9TH!!! That's enough time for people to animate, if not more, an entire minute!

I'd enter this contest but the fact that there isn't even enough time to create and establishing shot is just ludicrous!

That's the fun of the contest; to make something meaningful in 20 seconds, related to Easter!

Making a parody video is permissible- making a parody video that you know breaks multiple rules and then derailing the topic to argue with the host that it should be accepted is not. That goes for all of the people making silly 'support' posts as well (I'm looking at you, JustKidden).

I don't want to be the forum fun-police, but the contest thread is where folks go to get important information about the competition. Filling it up with joke posts detracts from that purpose. I've already removed some of the offending posts from this thread. Any similar posts in the future will be deleted.

Thank you Stephen mini/smile

BrokenTV101 was my original username it's nolverdose now.

Almost done with the filming on my entry, I still need one more voice, can anyone help me?