Re: EASTER Brickfilm Contest 2014 [TIME IS UP]

Depends really on the exact amount of fps, and different camera angles integrated into an animation, that eat up production time. I plan on making music on Saturday, and doing the animation on Sunday. Also need to record the voices and sound fx as well. Looks like this weekend won't be a waste!

brickelodeon wrote:

I don't see why it would take anyone more than an hour to make an entry.

I once animated a shot which was around about twenty seconds long which took three hours to animate even with an assistant animator.  There was also a TV in the shot, which I had to animate previously, which added about an hour.
I also had to edit the TV frames individually, which took around about a day in photoshop, and even with all of that done, I needed another good day to do some masking for that shot.  The set also took some time to build.

So a twenty second animation can take a really long time depending upon the circumstances.  A harder, more complex shot like I did may take several days of work.  But the end result is usually very fancy and impressive looking.

If I were entering, I'd probably try to make those 20 seconds as fancy as I could, however, I haven't been able to think up a really good and very fancy idea, so I'm probably not going to enter.

I once animated a shot which was around about twenty seconds long which took three hours to animate even with an assistant animator.  There was also a TV in the shot, which I had to animate previously, which added about an hour.
I also had to edit the TV frames individually, which took around about a day in photoshop, and even with all of that done, I needed another good day to do some masking for that shot.  The set also took some time to build.
So a twenty second animation can take a really long time depending upon the circumstances.

Which is why there is an entire weekend for them to make their film.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

I have an assessment due on Monday (It's currently Saturday) which I WOULD be able to tackle easily but its a website (and the subject is PE- f*** logic eh?). Anyway I desperately need inspiration, so if I get some I might procrastinate my school work a bit just to get a quick entry. Good luck guys mini/XD

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

I have a fairly good idea for this, unfortunately it would probably take a good 15-20 hrs to animate, and a lot more legos than I have, probably.

I don't see the need to extend the deadline.

Being a semi-official contest, I wouldn't extend the deadline.
It's unprofessional and makes it look like it was ill-planned at the start and needed revision. Which it wasn't.

EASTER shorts do sometimes need a longer amount of time to make than you would think. Mine, for example, took quite some time due to the number of sets and shots, but folks will have had over two weeks to come up with something when the deadline hits. That's plenty of space for 20 seconds of animation.

If you can make it, great. If not, sorry. You also had even earlier signs that this was coming, so that's even more forewarning you could have heeded.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing the entries and results for this thing. Can't wait.

Dang.

I'm gonna have to rush to get mine done. But I'm gonna do it anyway.

#yolo

Chris W. wrote:

Dang.

I'm gonna have to rush to get mine done. But I'm gonna do it anyway.

#yolo

Gotta go fast!

Why is my entry not in the playlist?

My entry! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VERn02qjep4 mini/smile

Last edited by Arginnon (April 6, 2014 (03:50am))

https://i.imgur.com/0X6EoJh.jpg
YouTube Channel : All My Links ↑Click for newest animation!↑

Here's my entry Easter 2014

Good luck all other entrants!

- Available to compose for any upcoming projects -

Want to know why I deteste my laptop? The fact that it rebooted! Last time I use a Frame Capture software. Feeling pretty annoyed atm, as I won't be able to animate until this Friday! Consider me out of the competition!

Slurping Animations wrote:

Want to know why I deteste my laptop? The fact that it rebooted! Last time I use a Frame Capture software. Feeling pretty annoyed atm, as I won't be able to animate until this Friday! Consider me out of the competition!

What capture software are you using? I really don't think that one incident with one piece of software should soar your opinion of all similar types of software. And by rebooted, do you mean it crashed/bricked your computer?

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Sonjira wrote:
Slurping Animations wrote:

What capture software are you using? I really don't think that one incident with one piece of software should soar your opinion of all similar types of software. And by rebooted, do you mean it crashed/bricked your computer?

EOS Utilities. I did use dragonframe. And by reboot, it erased ALL data, but this isn't the first time however.

Animated for about two ours today.  It's not that good at all for me, but I'll keep it anyway.  Two to three days to finish up the entire thing.

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

I don't think I'll get this done, without a deadline extension. Though that would make a lot of people unhappy though!

Exactly when on Wednesday are entries due? Like 12 AM GMT?

An exact time would be helpful mini/tongue

Nathan Wells wrote:

Exactly when on Wednesday are entries due? Like 12 AM GMT?

An exact time would be helpful mini/tongue

Wow, I am stupid...

Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 @ 8pm GMT

I've sent mine via email. mini/smile Good Luck to evryone

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube