Re: Top 5 Heroes and Villains?

I seem to be the one who can't make up his mind. I like ominous/morally ambiguous characters more than the evil and good contrast. So my favorite morally ambiguous character is.... Edmond Dantes/The Count of Monte Cristo.

I haven't seen the movie, but I have read the book and it was fantastic!

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

General Grievous!

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

(He isn't really a villain, more of a anti hero, but, whatever)

I've only ever seen the term anti hero used very recently.  What exactly separates an anti hero from a villain?  Are there also anti villains?

Well, it's not official, but an anti-hero, while possessing some less than desirable traits, and more often than not being willing to kill, actually still has some form of morality and attempts to save the world/combat evil.

Basically, it's a protagonist, but with a bunch of bad traits, who is still show as 'good' despite those things.

Guys like Punisher, Jason Todd, Daredevil and Batman, (To a small degree) and others.

And no, there aren't anti-villains. mini/wink

I'm surprised no one mantioned Megatron yet.  And I mean the 1980s P-38 gun Megatron.  Or Galvatron.  Since they're the same guy.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

This is a toughee since there are so many good heroes and villains to chooses from. These are some that I definitley rank highly.
Heroes: Batman, Jason Bourne (if he's actually considered a 'hero'), Indiana Jones, Jonny-Bob (see Squid's film How to Not Rob A Bank.)

Villains: hmmm............ Christopher Nolan's "Joker," Col. Tavington of The Patriot, and the original Khan. Those are the big-boys. I also like Darth Vader; Sauron is noteworthy, except that you never actually see him; and, maybe, the Alien (though I've never seen any of the "Alien" movies).

Now available to score films. https://soundcloud.com/guy-commanderson

"Contrary to the old saying, the trick is not to expect but accept the unexpec..." ~ Rick Rascal

If I may use this oppourtunity to alter my list slightly:

Heroes:
1. Don Quixote
2. Atticus Finch (from To Kill a Mockingbird)
3. Ed Wood
4. JC Denton (from Deus Ex)
5. Captain Picard

Villains:
1. Salieri (from Amadeus)
2. Richard III
3. Big Brother (from 1984)
4. Livia and Caligula (from I, Claudius)
5. Malcolm Tucker (from The Thick of It)

I couldn't decide between Livia and Caligula. Livia poisons everyone she meets and, like Malcolm Tucker, pulls incredibly illegal strings to stay in power for as long as possible (though, Malcolm never murders anyone). And Caligula is completely insane. Like...imagine if the Joker was a Roman Emperor.

Seriously though, if you have any interest in television drama, watch I, Claudius. I have no idea how to describe it...just watch it.

YouTube
Max, She/They

How about Caligula from real life?

Spoiler (click to read)

Didn't he eat his own son (among other things too obscene to put here).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Spoiler (click to read)

Yeah. That happens in the show too. I didn't want to spoil it because its the most disturbing part of the show - which is saying a lot considering all the messed-up things that happen. But its a 70's BBC production, so there is hardly any actual gore.

Of course, with Caligula living so long ago, there aren't that many reliable sources that prove how much of a perverted lunatic he was. This is mostly because scholars from the middle ages literally wrote on top of Roman parchment - sort of like how the BBC 'taped over' loads of their old shows to save money, hence why there are so many lost episodes of Doctor Who.

For all we know, Caligula could have been a lovely chap. But that would have been boring...

YouTube
Max, She/They

jampot wrote:

Spoiler (click to read)

Caligula did a lot of evil and messed up things, but I never heard of that one.

Spoiler (click to read)

I believe he ate some cats, but not his son. He might've. I'm not sure.

LASF wrote:
jampot wrote:

Spoiler (click to read)

Caligula did a lot of evil and messed up things, but I never heard of that one.

Spoiler (click to read)

I believe he ate some cats, but not his son. He might've. I'm not sure.

Spoiler (click to read)

Yeah, he thought he was a god, so in true Kronos style he decided to each his unborn child to prevent it becoming more powerful than him. He also kicked his pregnant sister to death, I do believe.

As stated before, we're not 100% certain of anything, and the remaining accounts of Caligula could come from the smear campaigns of the time. We just don't know.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Its like how Richard III could have been a smashing guy, but rumours and a certain (excellent) play have tainted his image. Although, forensic evidence has proven he was a hunchback.

A lot of my favourite villans are historical figures who could have been pleasant individuals really. Salieri is another example...

YouTube
Max, She/They

Guy Fawkes: hero or villain?

Discuss.

Villains:
1.The Joker
2.Lord Vader
3.Galvatron (from Transformers: Cybertron)
4.The Green Goblin (2002 Spider-man)
5.The Scarecrow

Hero:
1.Batman
2.Spider-man
3.Indiana Jones
4.Mater Chief
5.Katniss Everdeen

In addition to my five villains I have a few more:

Count Olaf (A Series of Unfortunate Events)
Two Face
Qymaen jai Sheelal (before his shuttle crash)
Sauron

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions