Re: 2015: The Contest

Not really. Your entry needs to be a segment of a feature length brickfilm (though you aren't making the whole thing, just the segment for the contest). Making it as an episode of the series would defeat the point of it being a mere segment.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Or that I might do. It's still in the works. mini/smile

Ok. Just asking.

Holy macaroni, those are some substantial prizes!  I didn't think I'd be able to enter but that's quite the incentive...

I may continue to do Pre-production work on the Knights' Kingdom film and try to use this as practice for the cinematic feel I'd like to achieve with the KK film. 

You may want to update some of the information in the first page though.  It still says stuff like "would" or "could" like the deadline, it says it "could be" so the final information should probably be put out there for sure. 
Nice work lining up some prizes!

JonnDthunDer wrote:

Holy macaroni, those are some substantial prizes!  I didn't think I'd be able to enter but that's quite the incentive...

I hate to break it to you, man, but…wow, this is hard to say…I don't think you're going to win the Honorable Mention.

Now feel free to laugh at my terrible joke.

And thanks for pointing those out, I'll update it now.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

GOSH DARN IT I WANTED THAT JAMPOT-BLAMED BATTLE PACK!  I've been waiting my whole life to acquire that set and now I'm ineligible why do I even bother http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/UberSocks/36-1.gif

EDIT: There. 

Last edited by JonnDthunDer (January 22, 2014 (12:34pm))

Why would you blame your dad?

I'm glad we have some prizes now. That may encourage more people to enter! mini/yes

EDIT: I may buy the prizes off Amazon today. What series are the minifigs currently on?

Last edited by LASF (January 22, 2014 (12:32pm))

Currently, it's The LEGO Movie series.

jampot wrote:

Currently, it's The LEGO Movie series.

Should I purchase three LEGO Movie packettes?

EDIT: The prices for an individual packette is insane. Most of them are around $3 but shipping totals to about $8 or $9! mini/jaw Would it be okay if I looked for a different series?

EDIT 2: Alright, I bought three LEGO Movie packettes for about $5 each. I also bought one Series 11 pack for $3.99. The 4th place person will have choice between the LEGO Movie packette or the Series 11 packette, but 5th and 6th place will receive a LEGO Movie packette without any choice.

TL;DR...

• 4th Place - LEGO Movie or Series 11

• 5th Place - LEGO Movie

• 6th Place - LEGO Movie

Last edited by LASF (January 22, 2014 (01:05pm))

Yes please, that sounds ggggreat!

I'm in.

Holy crap, this is gonna be awesome.

Can it be a trailer for a film that won't be made?

That's the idea. You won't be making a feature-length brickfilm - it's a trailer for a fictional film.

Well I may be able to use an idea I've had for little while.

Last edited by END films (January 22, 2014 (02:55pm))

If I do a film, does it have to have a beginning and a end, or can I just have the story start anywhere I want in the story? Say I wanted to do a battle but I didn't want to take the time to tell how the characters got there.

jampot, in the rules wrote:

"If a section of a film, it must be no less than 5 minutes but no more than 8 minutes."
"It does not need to be a whole film. In fact, this is discouraged. Focus on a small section of the story, though make it clear what is happening; be sure to properly establish your characters, locations and storyline in the time you have."
"You are encouraged to make production logs: 3 entries, and there'd be faux-deadlines for these, the first in March, the next in july, the next in September etc. These can be blog posts, videos, whatever, and there's no criteria for them since they're not official.

Production photos. For the sake of the judges, only submit between 10 and 20.

A plot synopsis. Somewhere around 60 words, and no spoilers.

A full plot outline. Word count is around 600 words (10% either way). The reason for this is just to show that, especially for trailers, you have a coherent story behind your segment.

A film poster is also optional."

It may help to re-read the rules in the first page, I think that answers your question.

LASF wrote:

EDIT 2: Alright, I bought three LEGO Movie packettes for about $5 each. I also bought one Series 11 pack for $3.99. The 4th place person will have choice between the LEGO Movie packette or the Series 11 packette, but 5th and 6th place will receive a LEGO Movie packette without any choice.

TL;DR...

• 4th Place - LEGO Movie or Series 11

• 5th Place - LEGO Movie

• 6th Place - LEGO Movie

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

That's really awesome, man. I think that's a brilliant idea, and I'll put it on the front page in just a second.

Galactic Films wrote:

If I do a film, does it have to have a beginning and a end, or can I just have the story start anywhere I want in the story? Say I wanted to do a battle but I didn't want to take the time to tell how the characters got there.

It can be any part of the film: beginning, climax, conclusion, mid-film conflict, point of no return…whatever you like. The plot synopsis and outline will fill in the gaps in story-telling. As far as setting up characters goes, don't worry about explaining who they are if you're doing the beginning or the end of your film, but make sure their personality shines through.

So I've finally gotten around to reading the post about this contest, and I'm thinking I may enter; I've had an idea for awhile about an ending of a film, that would require to long of a film to actually make, so this is sort of perfect. I probably won't be able to start until this summer though, just because of the way my life is working out right now. I may start some pre-production some time in the next few months though, we'll see. mini/smile

Ok. Thanks.