Re: Let's Talk About 2013!

Squid wrote:
Loïc F-B wrote:

I need to get working on a big project now, something like I Am The Night.

I wish more people would work on gigantic projects.  They are extremely fun to release, and you learn a lot while making them.

And they're less forgettable too.

I really liked the last year in regards to brickfilming.

My subscribers number is now over twice as high, I've released a whopping 15 videos. (Counting unlisted extras.)
Entered three animation challenges and won one of them, entered five contests, but don't know the results of three.
Hosted EASTER, finished STEAMPUNK, uploaded a channel trailer, and have finally got my animation smoothness where I want it. Created and maintained a Facebook page, and reached nearly 1,800 posts on BiM.
And all while being away at college for a quarter of the year.

Wow....Maybe I should go get a life or something. mini/eek
Still, it was all great fun, and I look forward to seeing what happens this year.

i had a great year!!

got accepted and went to csssa (california summer school state of the arts, precollege program held at calarts for a month, went for animation), where i met my girlfriend, got accepted into OCSA (orange county high school of the arts), made tons of new art friends, improved in my art by a ton!! one of the best years of my life!! loved 2013

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Well...I seemed to be sick a lot, like every time anything was happening with brick filming. Yay.
So what have I done this year that I consider worthwhile...
I made and released my LEGO Iron Man 3 Teaser Trailer which got over 342,000 views and was probably the biggest part in getting me to 480 subscribers in just over a year on YT.
I finished the film Perpetual Twilight, which is probably what I'm most proud of, and won Contrast with it!
I also did quite a bit of voice acting, which was lots of fun, I just need to get better at it now.

All in all, I'd consider 2013 to be a productive year for me.
Oh, and I made a Twitter.
https://twitter.com/jonndthunder

In 2013 I got a new webcam which improved my quality a little.  I made a slightly better THAC film last year and entered Christmas in Minute.  I also made 3 brickfilms last year instead of 2.

2013 was such a blur. It was an extremely productive year for me - wrote a novel, worked at a VFX studio, Man of Steel - but it all seemed to pass me by. I also got back into brickfilming properly, which has been a boon.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein