Re: THAC 11: Results!

... And a thank you to LASF. mini/wink

Whoo hoo, 14th!!

I'll be sending out the prizes soon.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

What a great event.  Congrats to everyone who got their films completed in time.  We cut things quite close and almost didn't make it.  *That* was nerve wracking.

We had a great time reviewing everyone's entries, every film had something to it that made it a fun watch.  We are really impressed with the creative minds in this community.  Great job, everyone.

We feel very lucky to have placed in the top 20.  Every time we look at what we did, there are things we wish we would have done differently/better.  In the end it was a great event, and everyone who entered should be proud of their work.

Congrats to you all, and thank you to Hazzat and the judges and everyone who helped make this such a great event.  We've been inspired to get hopping on our brickfilming as a result of the fun of the contest.  Look for more to come from us soon!

Yaaay!!! I'm with the top 40!!! mini/bigsmile

Hazzat wrote:
Squid wrote:

Pritchard and Aq got some ridiculously low ratings for how good their films were.  'Tis a bit sad.

...I think the issue here is that you're all getting too good.

Yep, after looking through everything, that's the answer.
Even compared to THAC 9, ya'll have all really improved. My pathetic entry in that still managed 23rd, whereas my much-improved entry here barely managed the top thirty.
But gaining a large amount of great animators over the last two years is no problem in my mind. mini/wink

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (January 21, 2014 (12:42pm))

I actually do think that this THAC had some really good entries.  A whole lot of them.

Even the one in last place is still fun to watch.  Best THAC ever?  Possibly.

Squid wrote:

Even the one in last place is still fun to watch.

Thank you.

It was even better than mine.

Once again, thank u nltwm

Squid wrote:

I actually do think that this THAC had some really good entries.  A whole lot of them.

Even the one in last place is still fun to watch.  Best THAC ever?  Possibly.

I actually think so, as well. I don't know a lot about the earlier THACs, but this one felt like the most positive experience, and brought out the most quality and enjoyable films. I haven't seen all the films, but all the ones that I have seen have had some sort of redeeming quality or charm to them.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

I would have not been able to judge this, to many good entries

I would have not been able to judge this, to many good entries

Woah 16th place is pretty good for my first ever THAC entry mini/bigsmile

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

It's a bit funny that I placed worse this year and got 35th, when last year I placed 29th, and I didn't exactly like like that entry as well as this year's. But now I see that answer is that there were so many good entries. mini/smile  Anyways, I'm happy to have been in two consecutive THACs. Good job to everyone! There was some really fantastic entries.

Last edited by GHB (January 22, 2014 (06:17am))

Favourites:
- Carrolfilms
-Onion
-Squid
-Jk
-Sonjira