Re: The THAC 11 Update Thread

Just a reminder guys:
If anyone needs voice acting from me, please make your request in the first five hours, maybe less.  I won't be able to easily get silence after that.
Unless it rains, in which case I won't voice anything.

Who else is going to be on standby for voice acting?

I hate to not be available, but I also don't want to burn much of my time doing it.
I think then Squid's example is the one to follow, first five hours open, and then maybe some late-night last-minute stuff while everything is rendering/uploading.

And I won't be on Skype/BiM Chat much, if at all, so PM me (Or go straight to my e-mail if you have it) if you need to contact me.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be on standby for voice acting mini/smile

I might be able to voice act.

It depends on what I am doing, but around the first hour I should be available, after that well... I don't know.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Squid wrote:

If anyone needs voice acting from me, please make your request in the first five hours, maybe less.

END films wrote:

I may be on standby for voice acting mini/smile

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

I might be able to voice act.

RealBrick wrote:

around the first hour I should be available

Hmmm... Maybe me too, around 6-8 PM of of GMT time tomorrow, but I don't know now, and I guess, I will also be available around 6 to 9 AM of GMT time on 29th.
Oh, I think, I'm more likely to help THAC contestants, than some of my classmates during the test mini/devil

Last edited by ziemek17 (December 27, 2013 (10:53am))

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8577/16193235411_c1cfb34b21_o.png
MY CHANNEL

I'm Loominarty confirmed.

I made Derricking Ball (link in signature) as a warm-up to THAC11. I'm glad I did too, because I learned a lot about how I need to properly export footage from Dragonframe, and the final film from Sony Vegas. I also got comfortable with my new camera and lenses, and discovered I need to be extra careful around tripods on carpet.

Can't wait for THAC11!

Nathan Wells wrote:

I made Derricking Ball (link in signature) as a warm-up to THAC11. I'm glad I did too, because I learned a lot about how I need to properly export footage from Dragonframe, and the final film from Sony Vegas. I also got comfortable with my new camera and lenses, and discovered I need to be extra careful around tripods on carpet.

Can't wait for THAC11!

What camera are you using? A webcam, or "solid" camera? Because your films are really well made mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8577/16193235411_c1cfb34b21_o.png
MY CHANNEL

I'm Loominarty confirmed.

Bit of a warm-up video here.
Testing both animation/set lighting, and timelapse recording.
And ignore the end title time, that doesn't take into account the good TARDIS test clip.

I've got the bigger, faster motions down, but it's the slower, smaller stuff that may kill me.
And I've got to quit trying free-hand camera movements.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Bit of a warm-up video here.
Testing both animation/set lighting, and timelapse recording.
And ignore the end title time, that doesn't take into account the good TARDIS test clip.

Whoa, really good job with that animation supper smooth.  I especially like the brick-built recreation of Gandalf's magic.

My only complaint here would be at the Doctor Who part that alien had too much pullback at the end of his arm fall.  Usually, for an arm movement, if I have feedback I only make it two frames, sometimes three for a faster one.  It also needs to be very subtle.

That's pretty cool lighting there, Pritchard.

Hm, I can't think of anything to build or any kind of tests to animate. Oh well. mini/tongue

I will be available to voice act in family-friendly films (no swearing, taking the Lord's name in vain, or "adult" content) much of the day (I will not be getting up at 4:00 a.m. when THAC begins here, however!). Just send me a private message and the script/lines. You can click the link in my signature to hear some of the voices I do.

Good luck everyone! mini/smile

I like the test animations Pritchard, and Nathan, Derricking Ball is hilarious, nice first video back. mini/tongue I won't be entering THAC because my grandparents are visiting from out of town, but I'll keep my availability for voice acting updated on the chat. I doubt I'll be much use for anyone recording lines before animation (I don't want to get up that early, as I am also in Pacific Time and won't be getting up at 4:00 am), but I know a lot of people record audio after animation, in which case I may be able to help. mini/smile

Reporting for duty.

http://i.imgur.com/wJzxxNH.jpg

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I plan to awake at 5:30, even though it doesn't start until six. I just want to have some extra time to prepare for THAC by tidying up my desk troll the forums. mini/tongue

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

it starts at 7AM here. Plan on waking up at around 6:59AM

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

CarrollFilms wrote:

it starts at 7AM here. Plan on waking up at around 6:59AM

Same here.

I'm going to have to wake up five hours after my bedtime at 11:00pm to see the mod elements & theme.
Then I'm going to sleep again until around 4:20 am the usual (I kid I kid)

Warm-up tests!