Re: The THAC 11 Update Thread

Listening to soundtracks while animating messes up the audio on my laptop. I speak from experience; it comes out all fuzzy and funky (not in a good way).

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I've never properly listened to music whilst animating.  music always messes up my counting when animating dialog.  However, in hopes to make THAC easier, I have acquired a convenient tally counter.  I just press a button and the counter moves up, so now if I decide to, I actually could listen to music.
If I do, I'll probably go with Antonín Dvořák's New World Symphony.

jstudios wrote:
Chris W. wrote:

If you're rushing at the end to finish, it's best to listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk6AobT_SDo

WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO BRING THAT BACK

i do what i want

Also, nice set Pritchard.

I guess that might do the trick, Chris.

I've finished most of my pre-built sets: Link.

Pre-building is totally the way to go.  Even if you don't want to use pre-built sets during the contest, just build them then build something else in the contest.  It really gets you in the building mood and I'm totally pumped.

Even if you don't pre-build sets you can totally pre-build props and setpieces.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I've been pre-building vehicles since I tend to spend more than the recommended amount of time on those.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Hans Zimmer will be my best friend for THAC mini/tongue

Sean wrote:

Even if you don't pre-build sets you can totally pre-build props and setpieces.

That's what I'm doing right now.

Good luck everybody! mini/wink

I have one pre-build set I'm hoping to use in THAC, and two other sets that have been built but they are on the shelf waiting to be used for future releases of mine. I can use them if I have to. I also have a script written, but undoubtedly it is going to be changed to fit the theme. I plan on using my iPod to listen to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug over bluetooth speakers during the day. I haven't listened to the whole album of the second film, because I just bought it like yesterday, so this will give me a chance to listen to it.

I'm going to the store today to pick up some bricks and maybe an extra desk lamp as well.

I've made a warm up/test video to try and improve my quick animating and editing skills.  I made it this afternoon and thought I'd try to do the slide.  I think it's decent enough. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52_rFMu … e=youtu.be

Pritchard, nice set. Just needs a bit more different shades of white (if that makes sense).

P.S: How do you upload pictures to a thread?

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

I liked the side slide test mini/smile

I'm really hoping to be able to incorporate time travel and/or space-themed stuff into my entry. So I'm off to build some props (and possible a set or two) that I might be able to use. mini/tongue

END films wrote:

I liked the side slide test mini/smile

Thanks. mini/smile
I think I really like it and plan maybe to use it in my entry to save time and to lighten up the mood in my film.  I think I fancy a more comedic approach to this year's THAC.  After my BRAWL and Contrast entries I think a change in mood is in order.

YouTube

I'm building a set I want to use (that I got during Christmas) during THAC. It's the (what I think is somewhat) new Family House (the Creator set) with a few slight modifications I made to be easier to use while brickfilming. I also ordered a bulk pack of 800 something bricks off Amazon with one-day shipping. I can't to get started!

Kind of off-topic, but StefanMuscat, it's great that you're expressing interest in this upcoming contest in your signature. But, the admins like to get on those who put too large of an image in their sigs. You might want to make that image smaller as soon as you can, before the admins fix your sig for you.

Just felt like I should be giving you a warning. mini/wink

Last edited by Mickey (December 26, 2013 (08:43pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

My second time to enter. Think im going to build sets and everthing on THAK do to not Bringing so many bricks to were I
am.

Thinking of doing a fantasy brick film for it.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Well, I finally finished my pre-THAC test animations: http://youtu.be/cXCIcMm-qNo

I'm just about as ready as I'm going to be.

Tomorrow I will spend mostly in rest, and probably fiddle around with my new minifigure pieces and such to familiarize myself with it all, also, I'm going on a brickfilm marathon to really get up in the spirit.

I have been trying to perfect a walk cycle and streamline my process to get the most out of my camera battery. Nice work squid, I can't wait to see what you can pull off.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Mickey wrote:

Kind of off-topic, but StefanMuscat, it's great that you're expressing interest in this upcoming contest in your signature. But, the admins like to get on those who put too large of an image in their sigs. You might want to make that image smaller as soon as you can, before the admins fix your sig for you.

I think you're right.  A bit smaller now.  Thanks

YouTube

I'm now home and have dug up my two main characters from their stay in stasis (read: inside one of my lego boxes) since this time last year.

It. Is. ON.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be