Topic: The Christmas Present

Directory Link

The Christmas Present

Youtube

Happy Holidays. Don't forget about those who are less fortunate than others. My entry to Repelling Spider's Christmas in a minute contest.

Last edited by funmiproductions (December 21, 2013 (11:26am))

Re: The Christmas Present

Animation leaves room for improvement and focus was a bit of an issue, but i liked the message of the film mini/smile

http://www.youtube.com/user/TasteMyUndeadCupcake

- Tales of Medieval Mayhem Ep. 2 -
Script:100%  Sets built:100%  Animation:85%  Editing:45%

Undead Cupcake is correct; the animation does need work. For example, you should work on raising your frame rate. And, are you using auto-focus settings? If so, don't. When using a webcam, you should adjust the focus settings yourself, am I right? Then, the frames come out blurry and out of focus. I also had trouble following the plot, sorry. I'm sure it was meant to have a nice lukewarm holiday message, but I really didn't get it.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I enjoyed it! The message is it's best aspect, but the animation and technical errors kind of degraded the film. First of all, the animation was choppy, but not horrific. Like said before, raising your frame rate wouldn't be a bad idea. The thing that hits me is how many times this probably has been said to you in the past few years, but I don't really see a huge change. Put full effort into your works, and if you can, don't rush to get something done. Second of all, put your camera in focus so we can clearly see what's going on. It was a little bit awkward that you had to put a annotations in to clarify what was said on the signs. So overall, not a horrible film, but it could definitely use work.

Thanks guys for the opinions. You guys are all right, the focus was kind of crazy. To be honest, GHB was right about it being rushed. I had the basic concept for two weeks, and I rushed to get my entry done in time. As for the fps, I currently use 12 frames per second. I will increase it. As for the annotations, those were for my French speaking viewers. They always complain to me to use French, which is now their fault. I sometimes post my films on brick-a-brack, so I have to remember that not everyone speaks English.

To Mickey: The story was that a little poor boy watches as some maybe middle of first class kids receive gifts. The poor boy didn't get anything since most ignore him. Then, the truck driver of the gift exchange sees this, and gives him a little gift to cheer him up. The inspiration came from when my school filled up backpacks for homeless kids. I wanted people to remember that not every one gets to enjoy christmas, and we should do something about it. Well, that's my opinion anyway.