Topic: Doctor Who - Out For Blood - 2

Directory Link

Doctor Who - Out For Blood - 2

YouTube

Out For Blood is Part 2 of my Doctor Who series. Worked crazily hard for almost a whole two years on this video. It was a great learning experience for me and I feel I've grown a lot as an artist. However I know this video is far from perfect. If you have any helpful feedback on how I can improve please leave a comment. Thanks, and hope you like the video! mini/smile

Re: Doctor Who - Out For Blood - 2

I really enjoyed this nice job

Another amazing film. Great effects, great voice acting, god use of music, and decent animation mini/smile

Thanks for finishing this!
I know you went through a lot of difficulties during production, but the final product came out looking fantastic.
The story may not be the best there ever was, but it worked fine.

Spoiler (click to read)

It was nice to see the aliens taking the Doctor up on his offer of a new life for once, but it was odd to see him promise to help them, but then not seeing that shown. Almost like he forgot about it. Also, the ending was unexpected, but a bit too strong on the sequel-hinting side.

Thanks for powering through this and getting it done. You are certainly improving, and it's great to see things always getting bigger and better.

Thanks for the comments guys. mini/smile

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Thanks for finishing this!
I know you went through a lot of difficulties during production, but the final product came out looking fantastic.
The story may not be the best there ever was, but it worked fine.

Spoiler (click to read)

It was nice to see the aliens taking the Doctor up on his offer of a new life for once, but it was odd to see him promise to help them, but then not seeing that shown. Almost like he forgot about it. Also, the ending was unexpected, but a bit too strong on the sequel-hinting side.

Spoiler (click to read)

Yeah the story is a bit of a mess because I kept changing things around.

As for the Doctor helping the Zalcrens. It wasn't shown but if you look at the screen in the Tardis near the end you can see an article opened up which says "Mysterious "Doctor" Prevents War Between the Humans and Zalcrens." This was suppose to indicates that he did indeed help them when he was away from Abby in those "10 seconds."

Last edited by benthecreator (November 11, 2013 (06:41pm))

This was great, the sound effects were perfectly in sync, I loved the ending. The music was amazing, as well as the animation and the voice actors. Great job.

i can honestly say i have watched alot of Doctor Who brick films and this by far is the best I have watched.
Great job.

Wow, great effort!  An 18-minute Brickfilm is always an impressive achievement.  The sets were well-designed (nice TARDIS design) and the visual effects were great (the glowing heads and the bit showing all the Doctor's regenerations especially).  The script was great and I loved the ending as well.

The one major problem I had with this film was the voicing, especially The Doctor.  You really, really, REALLY need to find a different voice actor.  The American accent, while far from ideal, is still bearable (seeing as the Doctor is an alien and he could technically have a non-standard British accent--after all, Nine had a Northern accent), but I found the delivery far too monotone and, well, mumbly.  To me, the Doctor is an energetic person, and his voice should reflect that--I felt the pitch didn't vary enough and the voice wasn't really energetic or clear enough.  And while the other voice actors weren't bad, they weren't particularly stand-out, either.

Still, this is by far the best Doctor Who Brickfilm I've seen.  Well done!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive