Re: Brickfilm Wiki

Hey, thanks for updating the wiki, legomoviemaker1, it looks a lot cleaner. Now we need to figure out a good background picture.

I was also thinking of maybe having a brickfilmers directory, with brickfilmer "profiles." How does it sound?

@Mighty Wanderer the profiles idea sounds great, except there would probably have to be some sort of criteria to being 'worthy' of a page to stop people who animate at 2 fps with a tin can from clogging up the section! mini/bigsmile

Oh and it would be great if anyone else here wanted to go over to brickfilming.wikia.com and give us a hand!
If you're not sure where to start here is a small selection of the things that need doing:

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Also if someone who is a Brick a Brack member could create and fill out a page about Brick a Brack, that would be great.

I'll write more about the profiles later, gotta go now.

Sorry to bump this thread but I was reading Brickfilm's Wikipedia page and I noticed it mentioned that there was a Brickfilm made in 1973! http://news.lugnet.com/animation/?n=954
It's on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW583kCiOWo

Does that make it, infact the first ever Brickfilm (as Wikipedia says)?!

(Also since I'm here Brikifilms is looking sad and would love some attention, ie contributors) mini/tongue

Boats Animator

Who can I contact to become an admin on the site?

uh oh!

Mighty Wanderer. (Although I'm guessing he'd prefer you made some contributions first) mini/smile

Boats Animator

Thanks a lot for keeping up doing some editing, BoatsAreRockable. The reason I haven't been doing much is that I was thinking that we should pretty much redo the whole thing if we want to continue. Since it started, we've been just adding and editing pages as we think of them, I was thinking it might be a better idea if we think up most everything beforehand, so it seems more organized and less cluttered. What do you think?

Okay guys, I've managed to locate Selavast's 3 1/2 hour brickfilm. Actually, it's the directors cut which is around 4 hours long. About a month ago, Selevast (on a new account) wrote to a topic he made back in 2005 which contained info  on his film, which was titled "The Wars of Darkness. He has now uploaded the film in 2 parts to Youtube. I believe this is undoubtedly the new longest brickfilm.

The Wars of Darkness Part 1
Part 2

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

I don't think we need to completely redo it but I agree the wiki needs better planning and organisation. I think there's some good content amongst the clutter which we need to weed out.

Perhaps we need to do a large scale clean up operation and create some sort of diagram or spreadsheet to work out where everything fits and what needs adding or taking away.

Boats Animator

Also what's up with this?
http://brickfilming.wikia.com/wiki/Brikfilm_wiki_awards

I'm definitely not holding some secret anti BiM contest, are any of you? I'm very confused. mini/eek

Edit: Excuse the double post I well... Forgot mini/blankexpression

Last edited by BoatsAreRockable (August 22, 2013 (11:40pm))

Boats Animator

I'm not really sure what that is. Thanks for taking care of it, though.

I can see about tracking down the pages to make a spreadsheet/diagram, unless you've already started working on one.

I'm afraid I haven't started anything yet, so please go ahead!

Boats Animator

I don't think I'd be of much use with the actual pages or organizing, you all seem to have that handled well enough.  If you are in need of someone to read over and/or edit any of the wiki pages (for spelling or grammatical errors), I could do that. 
I'm not perfect, I'm only human, but I can generally write/edit fairly well and would like to offer my help if needed.
(do note; things I say on the forum, while mostly formal, are still not as polished as they could obviously be.  I would put more time into editing any pages, if I do that)

@JonnDthunDer while I can't name specific pages that need looking through you are very welcome to just browse the wiki in general while looking out any grammar or spelling errors and edit or add content as necessary. mini/smile

Boats Animator