Topic: BRAWL 2013 "AX"

Directory Link

BRAWL 2013 "AX"

Youtube

A horror/comedy based on the tale of a man and his ax.

Not my best work, but still very fun to make.

Made for BRAWL 2013.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff416/PritchardStudios/Axposter_zps4ca066a7.jpg

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (August 4, 2013 (01:34pm))

Re: BRAWL 2013 "AX"

I loved it.

I think it's pretty funny how you included my blooper in the credits.
I really just couldn't contain myself, it was so messed up and funny.

The best part about this was when that cop grabbed that pole and then it went back and forth.  THAT WAS AMAZING!
And I love the after credits stuff.

The only thing that I felt was that the camera didn't show Ax Man very well when he was talking to Bob.
Also, Sonjira and I usually end up with very different volume levels with our lines, and it should've been balanced with some volume modification.

Last edited by Squid (August 4, 2013 (01:40pm))

This was one of my favorites, you have come a long way from the last time I roamed this site. Keep impressing me!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Squid wrote:

I think it's pretty funny how you included my blooper in the credits.
The best part about this was when that cop grabbed that pole and then it went back and forth. 
And I love the after credits stuff.
The only thing that I felt was that the camera didn't show Ax Man very well when he was talking to Bob.
Also, Sonjira and I usually end up with very different volume levels with our lines...

Yeah, it just seemed to fit so well.
Really? The pole moving at all was thanks to a prop bump, and it was all I could do to get the thing to half-way ease out. (Again, more prop bumping)

The first after-credits was scripted, but cut down from the original, but the second was totally off-the-cuff. (Also means that all my time-based animations have been in the same CO universe.) They both seem to be popular, so that's nice.

That was due to to building a huge set one way, and not bothering to do any the other way. Sorry.
Volume levels seem to be my weak point, and a recurring problem in some way. I'm trying to fix that in Contrast, but again, with several different mics and voices it's hard.

RealBrick wrote:

This was one of my favorites, you have come a long way from the last time I roamed this site. Keep impressing me!

Thanks! I do love improving, and it's great that others have noticed.

That was fantastic, beautiful animation and quite funny too. The set was lovely too. Honestly you've done a great job with this and I could this finishing in the top 4.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I laughed so Hard at the blooper scene.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

You know what made this film for me? Harrison snickering and saying how creepy it was in the credits. Keep up the nice work.

Repelling Spider wrote:

Harrison snickering and saying how creepy it was in the credits.

That was like the maraschino cherry on top of the delicate and creamy ice cream sundae.
mini/yes

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

Loved the ending. That was really funny! Great job! mini/bigsmile

Great job Pritchard, loved every moment of it. You have gotten really good, keep it up. I have to agree with Squid, it was creepy mini/eek.

This is amusingly creepy. mini/XD  Nothing much else to say here, except good job on making an enjoyable film!  It's rare to see horror brickfilms, let alone horror-comedy ones, so I must congratulate you for not resorting to excessive amounts of gore and violence most brickfilmers tend to resort to.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Thanks everybody!
Fifth is a nice spot, and I really appreciate the feedback and comments.

Creepy, yes. Glad it did it's job well. One of my few take-it-more-seriously films, so it's nice to know that the atmosphere worked. It's sorta funny, between this and Youtube, only two have said anything about blood.
One was for it, the other against it. But I agree with you FlyingMinifig, in that it's better without it.

@Onion, so close man.
@Lavamation, ice cream, yes. Everything's better with an ice cream illustration.
@Squid, seems folks should use your outtakes more often. Seems to be popular.