Topic: BRAWL 2013 - The Intruder

Directory Link

BRAWL 2013 - The Intruder

YouTube

A man is safe at home, but'll have to be on the 'look out' soon, as a dangerous man is loose.

The stress was so much I think I pretty much died. Done a minute before midnight. My first film's files got corrupted 4 days in and I had to work so quickly to make this, overall I'm very proud of the result :')

Also happened to be my first film in over a year.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: BRAWL 2013 - The Intruder

Some of the comedic timing and shots in this film were just brilliant, I love it.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I am so glad that you are back.

My favourite bit was the joke in the opening credits.  Nice move, there.

Squid wrote:

My favourite bit was the joke in the opening credits.  Nice move, there.

I just now caught that bit. But, the whole entry is pretty well done. I feel like it's based on a comic strip somewhere.

Last edited by Mickey (November 1, 2013 (10:56pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

The story does sound somewhat familiar, but the film is well done none the less.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Thanks for the feedback guys, its nice to hear!

To be honest I agree with you RealBrick, although I can honestly say I just came up with this on the spur of the moment. ;D

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Was the news man referencing bluntman's "The White Ninja" when he said bagurgler?

Great Film!

I loved the set a lot, and the animation was nice, but the editing and music were perfect. The voice acting couldn't have been better. The part where he calls the policeman was pretty funny too.

Was "Here's Billy" a reference to "the Shining"?

Last edited by PushOverProductions (August 5, 2013 (10:27am))

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

I like this entry. Maybe the film is a little too long for it's simple story, but there are enough jokes thrown in to make it enjoyable throughout. The sets are pretty good, however they look a little too big. Scaling with minifigs is always tricky and you have to make sure you have enough room to animate, though, so it's understandable. A lot of the shots look too wide; some close-ups could've helped. Overall though, a well made entry, especially considering the fact that you had to restart in the middle of the week.

Also, it's good to have you back! mini/smile

Great entry! Especially after a year long hiatus from brickfilming! I liked the story and the animation is very smooth! Keep up the great work! mini/wink

Really great entrance back into the brickfilming community. mini/smile

Very solid set-building and animation, and overall just an entertaining film. I wish you had more time to work on it, but what you did in the short amount of time was fantastic!

I think the best part was the news reporter at the beginning though.

Nice reference to The Shining. Fits perfectly! mini/yes

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...