Topic: Joe Brickmond: Episode #16

Directory Link

Joe Brickmond: Episode #16

YouTube

Shaniekqua is excited that her sisters Franiekqua and Laniekqua are coming for a visit...until they arrive, that is. Franiekqua is a constant snacker and Laniekqua always has something to complain about, much to the annoyance of Shaniekqua, Joe and even Bruce. Can she put up with them for the week?

All this and more on "Joe Brickmond", NEXT!

Re: Joe Brickmond: Episode #16

Aha, I rather enjoyed it.  There's a notable improvement on previous episodes, particularly in animation.  The only thing that bothered me was the excessive digital zooms, which made the picture really pixelated.
Overall, though, it was a great episode! Looking forward to the next.

4/5

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

I thought it was very funny.

! (x65536)

First of all, !!!!!! (etc.)
Secondly, I loved the new direction, and how Shaniekqua's sisters' names rhymed.  Franiekqua is an awesome voice.
That was a funny inversion of Bruce's character.
I'm surprised that Joe had no tofu in the house.  Maybe McGruff ate it all?
Nice soundtrack.  I love the 70s and 80s music.
I actually miss the charm of non-animated mouths, but ou did a pretty good job with it.
I thought Frankie was going to say have a doughnut, (pause) "But not one of mine!"
NetBrix!

I'm going to watch this again and again.  I hope to see McGruff, and more of Joe's Family.

That toilet has a nice flush.
& the parrot is back!
The new sets are very pleasant visually.

Can you give Ms. Willadson my email; would she be interestei n being one of Melissa's friends?

THANKS!!!!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Saminatorger wrote:

Aha, I rather enjoyed it.  There's a notable improvement on previous episodes, particularly in animation.  The only thing that bothered me was the excessive digital zooms, which made the picture really pixelated.
Overall, though, it was a great episode! Looking forward to the next.

4/5

Thanks. As for the pixelation, there wasn't any thing that could be done about that without compromising composition.
I am currently writing the first draft for the next episode and I will begin production after I take a short break.

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

! (x65536)

First of all, !!!!!! (etc.)
Secondly, I loved the new direction, and how Shaniekqua's sisters' names rhymed.  Franiekqua is an awesome voice.
That was a funny inversion of Bruce's character.
I'm surprised that Joe had no tofu in the house.  Maybe McGruff ate it all?
Nice soundtrack.  I love the 70s and 80s music.
I actually miss the charm of non-animated mouths, but ou did a pretty good job with it.
I thought Frankie was going to say have a doughnut, (pause) "But not one of mine!"
NetBrix!

I'm going to watch this again and again.  I hope to see McGruff, and more of Joe's Family.

That toilet has a nice flush.
& the parrot is back!
The new sets are very pleasant visually.

Can you give Ms. Willadson my email; would she be interestei n being one of Melissa's friends?

THANKS!!!!

Thanks mini/bigsmile & mini/XD
The names Laniekqua and Franiekqua were actually suggested by Chandra (Lan) and Delaney (Fran). They both had a lot of fun recording their lines. Chandra nailed her character and pretty much knew what to do without me giving her very much instruction. I'll be sure to talk to Delaney and see if she is interested in voicing one of Melissa's friends. If she says yes, I will have her record her lines on my computer and I'll be the middle man and e-mail them.
As for the tofu thing, all I can say is "Dagnabbit!". That would have made a good gag of some kind if I had thought of it.
For some reason, I always thought that Madonna's song "Borderline" fit as the sisters' theme and I incidentally had stumbled across an instrumental version of the song a few years back, so I decided to use it as their theme. The "Stayin' Alive" (Bee Gees) and "She Drives Me Crazy" (Fine Young Cannibals) ringtones were Amanda's idea mini/XD I just think that 70's and 80's style music is the most appropriate for Joe Brickmond, seeing as how it was influenced by shows from that time
As for the mouth animation, I did that for two reasons: 1) I'm always looking for ways to regularly innovate my Brickfilms and I thought that lip animation would be a good challenge. The results were slightly ragged this time around, but I plan on improving it in the future. 2) I see hardly any Brickfilmers on YouTube doing this, so I thought that it would make Brickmond stand out all the more.
I currently have 4 additional episode ideas right now, one of which has McGruff in a small part and another of which has him as the main focus. As for Joe's family, I have yet to come up with an episode involving them.

I look forward to making the next episode mini/smile

Will you ever do a special like Joe Brickmond 64 again?

Speaking of Joe Brickmond 64, when I first discovered joe Brickmond and began watching them on YouTube, I noticed on the similar videos on the right hand side, there were several episodes, and Joe Brickmond 64.  I thought, "wow!  There are 64 episodes of this awesome series!"  Then I realized that's not what it meant.  I was disappointed, but still LOVED 64.

I also think that the music of the era really does work well with the series, as it does remind me of, mostly 70's shows.  And the Madonna track really work well.  As Angela in Holding Our Own episode 2 indicates, I have a love/hate relationship with Madonna.

jediknight1997 wrote:

Will you ever do a special like Joe Brickmond 64 again?

Only time will tell. In other words, I don't know mini/lol

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Speaking of Joe Brickmond 64, when I first discovered joe Brickmond and began watching them on YouTube, I noticed on the similar videos on the right hand side, there were several episodes, and Joe Brickmond 64.  I thought, "wow!  There are 64 episodes of this awesome series!"  Then I realized that's not what it meant.  I was disappointed, but still LOVED 64.

I also think that the music of the era really does work well with the series, as it does remind me of, mostly 70's shows.  And the Madonna track really work well.  As Angela in Holding Our Own episode 2 indicates, I have a love/hate relationship with Madonna.

The whole thing about some people being confused by the 64 title was something that was always in the back of my mind. I was pretty sure some people would be confused by it, which is partially why I acknowledged in the thumbnail (back when I was on allbeehive) that it was based on Super Mario 64.

I always thought of Brickmond as a 80's-style show, but I never had any inclination to add 80's-style music until this episode. I'm no Madonna fan by any means (simply because a majority of her music is not my cup of tea) and "Borderline" is probably the only song by her that I like.

For a special like '64, you could call it, Joe Brickmond Gamecube. mini/lol

Last edited by jediknight1997 (June 12, 2013 (06:55am))

The whole thing about some people being confused by the 64 title was something that was always in the back of my mind. I was pretty sure some people would be confused by it, which is partially why I acknowledged in the thumbnail (back when I was on allbeehive) that it was based on Super Mario 64.

I figured it out once I clicked the video, but before then I was watching sequentially, and had no results for searches for Joe Brickmond episode 16, 17, 18, etc.  Those videos on the side of the page never have the description.