Topic: LEGO Temple Run!

Directory Link

LEGO Temple Run!

YouTube

The iPhone game recreations are making a comeback! Sort of. Here is our recreation of the popular mobile game, Temple Run, in LEGO.

Made in a week for ZachFB's contest, because every other idea was either too long (video length) or would take too long to make. Anyway, I've had this idea for a while now, so that's one more thing to get off my chest.

Formerly known as the2awesomeguys

Re: LEGO Temple Run!

Not bad, but there was one big problem.
They weren't running. A fast walk maybe, but not running.

There also seemed to be a lot of ghosting, (I forget the technical term, but it's when one frame is fading out but another is already fully visible.)

The effects stood out a bit too much, and just didn't blend in well. (Lens flare on the flame, the additional blurring when something is in the air.)

The pathway is a good representation, but the set walls are a bit lackluster. One layer of a few BURP/LURP parts, and a few tiny details, and that was it. Also, while the camera angles are fine, I would have liked one that imitated the original's birds-eye view, even if only for a few seconds.

Now, as to the ending.....

Spoiler (click to read)

So it was a guy in a monkey suit, OK, but how does that fit into a larger story. Why was that revealed, but nothing made of it, and was there any reason for doing so?

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Not bad, but there was one big problem.
They weren't running. A fast walk maybe, but not running.

There also seemed to be a lot of ghosting, (I forget the technical term, but it's when one frame is fading out but another is already fully visible.)

The effects stood out a bit too much, and just didn't blend in well. (Lens flare on the flame, the additional blurring when something is in the air.)

The pathway is a good representation, but the set walls are a bit lackluster. One layer of a few BURP/LURP parts, and a few tiny details, and that was it. Also, while the camera angles are fine, I would have liked one that imitated the original's birds-eye view, even if only for a few seconds.

Now, as to the ending.....

Spoiler (click to read)

So it was a guy in a monkey suit, OK, but how does that fit into a larger story. Why was that revealed, but nothing made of it, and was there any reason for doing so?

As always, thank you for your feedback! As always it will be taken into consideration for future films.

Just as a pointer, this was mad ein just one week for a contest, so parts may have seemed rushed. Hd I heard about the contest earlier I'd've had more time and thus the finished product would have been more...polished.

The running I agree with. During post production it did look a bit odd, and while some shots it looked fine, others did look really slow, like the pan with the tree separating shots.

I actually purchased some parts from Bricklink which you can see in the first few shots, but they arrived too late to be implemented into every shot.

As for the ending,

Spoiler (click to read)

No reason, other than for a small comedic element to add into the film.

I know I keep on using the excuse of how I had little time, but that's my reasoning. Otherwise, I completely agree with the points you made.

Nice change from your usual videos.
When are you planning more Doctor Who?

Well, I thought it was a good representation considering the time frame you had to work with

Outsider wrote:

Nice change from your usual videos.
When are you planning more Doctor Who?

I'm going to try and upload an Avengers video this week, and then I have to finish Dr Who episode 4. I don't know when exactly it'll be out. Then, there's episodes 5 and 6 to do and I want to start planning a 50th special for later in the year. So lots to do!

Ramjo1 wrote:

Well, I thought it was a good representation considering the time frame you had to work with

Thanks!