Topic: The Liberator

Directory Link

The Liberator

Youtube

A mysterious hero comes to the aid of his fellows in times of need and peril.

Re: The Liberator

I enjoyed it. The solid plot, animation and effects. One thing that I would comment on though, is the quality of the video, however I'm sure you're already aware.

Things didn't start out that great, (The horse didn't even bother moving his head) but it got better as the suped-up crossbow came out. mini/devil

Most of the animation could use more easing, but it was by no means bad. The arrow/death effect was simple, but well done and had a nice stylized look to it. And yeah, sure, there was hardly any plot to the short, but it still works. Since the plot doesn't really go anywhere, and there's not a lot to it, we really didn't need the descriptive titles at the beginning. The camera movements were a bit rough, as they were inconstant, and moved/stopped randomly, but them things ain't easy to master. The farmhouse set was nice, and I like the roof, but the others were a bit too simple.

One thing that would have enhanced this short would have been being in 16X9, as that helps a lot with getting a more "Cinematic" feel. But what resolution did you film at? The 1080p settings doesn't seem any better quality than the default.

A longer back-story, and more involved plot would have been great appreciated, as the short seemed incomplete.
Still, it was nice one-minute time-waster brickfilm, but unfortunately not too much more than that.
Don't be discouraged though, it's a great stepping-stone to better and greater things, and while it has it's flaws, the effort and time put into it are apparent.

CommonFilms wrote:

I enjoyed it. The solid plot, animation and effects. One thing that I would comment on though, is the quality of the video, however I'm sure you're already aware.

What about the quality of the video? I'm supposing you mean that it could afford to be higher quality?

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Things didn't start out that great, (The horse didn't even bother moving his head) but it got better as the suped-up crossbow came out. mini/devil

Most of the animation could use more easing, but it was by no means bad. The arrow/death effect was simple, but well done and had a nice stylized look to it. And yeah, sure, there was hardly any plot to the short, but it still works. Since the plot doesn't really go anywhere, and there's not a lot to it, we really didn't need the descriptive titles at the beginning. The camera movements were a bit rough, as they were inconstant, and moved/stopped randomly, but them things ain't easy to master. The farmhouse set was nice, and I like the roof, but the others were a bit too simple.

One thing that would have enhanced this short would have been being in 16X9, as that helps a lot with getting a more "Cinematic" feel. But what resolution did you film at? The 1080p settings doesn't seem any better quality than the default.

A longer back-story, and more involved plot would have been great appreciated, as the short seemed incomplete.
Still, it was nice one-minute time-waster brickfilm, but unfortunately not too much more than that.
Don't be discouraged though, it's a great stepping-stone to better and greater things, and while it has it's flaws, the effort and time put into it are apparent.

I hadn't thought if that with the horse, but you have a good point there. It did seem a bit plain just showing the background move without any action in the foreground.

I honestly don't know what resolution I film at. I use a Vimcro webcam, and I just use whatever resolution it is on.

Thank you for your honest input! mini/smile