Topic: Orange Soda Easter Eggs

Directory Link

Orange Soda Easter Eggs

That One Website

Here it is, folks! Here's my entry to the EASTER 2013 brickfilming contest on Bricks in Motion, "Orange Soda Easter Eggs". Sorry about the shortness of it, but the rules state that the entries, and I quote, "must not exceed 20 seconds".

This film is about two little boys who look for Easter eggs. When they do find them, they find out that the eggs are filled with orange soda. It then squirts onto their faces. And, in case you're wondering, I was thinking about orange soda at the time I wrote this...I had just drank the last of it.

I hope you enjoy this little Easter-themed short. Hopefully, I'll get on to making other films in the future. Happy Easter!!

Last edited by Mickey (March 29, 2013 (12:50pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Re: Orange Soda Easter Eggs

You spelled my last name wrong... In the Credits......
Other then that. I liked it.

Last edited by jediknight1997 (March 31, 2013 (04:57am))

jediknight1997 wrote:

You spelled my last name wrong... In the Credits......
Other then that. I liked it.

I know. I tried to put an annotation to cover it up, but you could still see it.

Ha, I don't mind. I enjoyed the film

Congratulations, you were the first person to submit an entry. Problem is, that means you didn’t have that much time to polish it. The light flicker is really noticeable, and the story is quite simple, even for EASTER. The tree shaking, and the lack of easing on the rolling eggs really hurt this entry, and the orange soda coming out of the eggs and covering the people didn’t really make any sense.

I also didn’t know what was happening until I read the description, which doesn’t say much for the completeness of the story. I was thinking that the egg’s content was some evil alien creature that was going to possess the kids, and tricking the audience into thinking that, even for a few seconds, would really have added some drama to this short. Still, at the very least you made my logo look really sweet at the end. mini/wink

Well, the thing is, you're right. I did rush my entry, Pritchard. And the story is simple, and I wish I could have given it more...well, more. I did have some other good ideas for my entry.

I don't really have many things to "polish" my entry with. Money is tight right now in my family and it's one of the main reasons why I don't make brickfilms as often as I used to. Right now, all I can work with is some LEGO bricks, clay, and Monkeyjam. Like I said, I don't have any other animation programs, so I'll have to make do with the things that I just listed.

I'm sorry to say that viewers will have to look past the light flicker and pay attention to the video itself. It isn't like the video is centered around light flicker, and ONLY light flicker. It's centered around whatever the video is centered around; the plot or whatever.

I thought about making a religious-themed entry, but I really liked this idea. I thought that, even though it had very little to do with Easter itself, it was still a fun idea. I would have made the idea more clearer had we, the entrants, not been restricted to only 20 seconds in running time.

Since the contest was started later than usual, I didn't really have much time to work on an entry. I scripted the film on Sunday evening, went to school for four days, came home on Thursday, and filmed the entry, not eating dinner until late after 10:00 at night. I tried to get as much done as possible on Thursday night because, at the moment, I'm focusing on exams and studies and other schooling. Instead of having a nice get-together with relatives on Easter Sunday, I had tonnes of homework to do, studying for the exams. So, I didn't really have a lot of time to make an entry for the Easter contest.

The tree is shaking because trees shake when animals scurry down the trunks. While filming those shots with the tree, I noticed that it shook a lot. But, I decided it worked out since trees shake. They don't just stand solemn and still.

I'm not trying to get all defensive here. No, not at all. I'm just putting it out there, Pritchard. But, overall, thanks for this great contest. Even though I quite rushed my entry, I still enjoyed doing it. Now that my time to brickfilm is limited (and I'm usually lucky if I can get on BiM at all), I was grateful that I had enough time to make an entry for the Easter contest. I don't really think it matters much that I got second to last place. I'm just glad I could find the time to make something.

I've gotten older since when I first joined the website, as you can see. And, I've learned quite a bit about the animation contests and such. I usually don't get in the Top Three or Top 10. In the future, when I can find the time to make more films, and enter more contests, I will aim to do better. So, thanks. mini/wink

Last edited by Mickey (April 6, 2013 (01:16pm))