Topic: [THAC X] The Magician

Haven't made a brickfilm in quite a while, but I found a webcam and whipped up a short one for THAC.

The Magician on Youtube
...and on Mediafire

Leo

Last edited by Leonardo812 (December 30, 2012 (03:44pm))

Re: [THAC X] The Magician

Like I said on youtube, overall it was a really nice and clean looking film. The only thing I would have preferred would have been real cloth used instead of CG. But other than that, the animation was great, as was everything else. Great job man!

Woah!

I should complain about how short it is, but I think if this was any longer it would outstay its welcome. Its an assassin of a Brickfilm: quickly coming in, tastefully blowing your brains out, and swiftly exiting like a draft of wind before you can gather your thoughts again. This is brilliant.

YouTube
Max, She/They

The CGI cloth really bothered me to be honest, it was hard for me to look past. Everything else was pretty good though, was pretty entertaining for such a short film.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

The CG cloth does look a little out of place, but other than that, the production value is flawless.  Well done.

I agree with the others about the cloth, although it was rendered pretty well. I really enjoyed the set design, especially the "M"s hidden in the background.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Just Kidden wrote:

The CGI cloth really bothered me to be honest, it was hard for me to look past.

I felt like stop-mo cloth would be obnoxious to work with, and CGI cloth would be more billowy or cinematic or something. It's definitely super rough, but I don't feel too bad about how it turned out. I think the idea gets across.

I don't really know what to think of The Magician. I certainly like the film's cinematography and animation style, and the story is told well as well. There's so many small things about the film that slightly bother me, though: the distracting "constant tilting" camera effect, the digitally rendered cloths, the somewhat too dramatic music... all tiny things that kind of bummed me out. I don't mean to sound too negative, though - this film not bad, but it does lack something.