Topic: Another Masking Test

Just to try my hand at it, again, this was just randomeness and boredness mixed, henceforth this. I am not sure why it cut's off at the end. mini/confused

And the sudden stop when he hits the ground is sort of annoying, trust me it bothers me. Anyway's heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-wJwobs2Sk

Re: Another Masking Test

This one is better than your last mask I think.  If I didn't know it was a masking test, I wouldn't have picked out the masking so good job on that.

As far as the animation and particularly the sudden stop when he hits the ground, I would suggest having him slide a few frames when he hits the ground to make it more realistic.  Leg and arm movement also help the minifig from looking like a slab of meat hitting the ground. mini/smile

better than the other one, just a test...

Its not bad at all, just need perfecting. Maybe you could send the minifig into view at a higher angle, or possibly upslightly into a like 180-spin (along with a violent head snap) as though he just received a strong right hook. Right now he is flying in at a bit of a horizontal. A half-somersault landing on his back upon contact with the ground would also suffice. Great masking and nice touch with the legs lowering slowly. It adds a level of subtle reality to it.

My two cents
~TB

Caveman didn't discover fire, fire discovered caveman.

That's not half bad.
It has a great mask and nice and smooth animation to it. This could be very useful in epic action films as for a fight scene or something.
Anyway,overall it is a very well put short animation.

Lenex Studios-
Blade

"If a picture is worth 1000 words then Stop Motion is truly a big piece of art"]
Visit Me On My Youtube Channel!]
Visit My Website!
Go Here: www.lenexstudios.webs.com