Re: THAC X Starts NOW! [CLOSED]

Brick7 wrote:

Well, I just watched EVERY SINGLE entry, and while it was fun, my mind has officially turned to mush. mini/dizzy  There seemed to be an inordinate amount of crime (and crawme) themed films, although I found the musical quite entertaining.   

I am impressed with how many completed films there are, and I congratulate all their directors.  Finishing THAC is quite an accomplishment.  Good luck to everyone.  I don't envy the judges and their tough job!

Thanks, Hazzat, for running this successful and exciting THAC!

I am the one who said "no crawme broke out." It has been copyrighted and anybody that uses it without my distribution and knowledge will be sued.

Last edited by CarrollFilms (December 30, 2012 (06:40pm))

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:
CarrollFilms wrote:

This is my favorite part about this. That's a fantastic way to judge.
Rating categories are to complex, and the best films don't always come out. this is simple (does not need comma) and good.

I was referring to the action of rating the categories. I was not reffering to categories that are rated.
I used the word I originally chose correctly. It should be is not are.
I did leave off an O on too, though. mini/tongue However, that was merely a typo.

I use extra comas occasionally to indicate a slight pause in informal typing.

Me thinks a few of you need a wee bit more sleep.

Brick7 wrote:

Me thinks a few of you need a wee bit more sleep.

4 hours of sleep is more than enough.

Last edited by CarrollFilms (December 30, 2012 (06:49pm))

Hazzat wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/wRITd.png

Each judge will simply pick which films they like the best. There will be no individual scores for animation, special effects, set design etc. so this should hopefully mean judging is a fairly quick process.

Rating categories is too complex, and the best films don't always come out. this is simple, and good.

I was just pondering this...

Don’t you think that some guidelines should be in place?  Once the top ten, or so, are selected based on what the judges like best, these ten should be judged on the standard criteria.  For example, a “popular” film should not win if it doesn’t follow the theme.  Otherwise, why even have a theme?

Brick7 wrote:
Hazzat wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/wRITd.png

Each judge will simply pick which films they like the best. There will be no individual scores for animation, special effects, set design etc. so this should hopefully mean judging is a fairly quick process.

Rating categories is too complex, and the best films don't always come out. this is simple, and good.

Don’t you think that some guidelines should be in place?  Once the top ten, or so, are selected based on what the judges like best, these ten should be judged on the standard criteria.  For example, a “popular” film should not win if it doesn’t follow the theme.  Otherwise, why even have a theme?

The theme is one of the things which helps prove that the film was created in the time frame.
I think that that's the point of it I'm guessing.
If it doesn't follow the theme, it should probably be disqualified.

Brick7 wrote:

The theme is one of the things which helps prove that the film was created in the time frame.

Disqualified? That's a bit harsh.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Fun Sucker wrote:
Brick7 wrote:

Disqualified? That's a bit harsh.

People these days and these strict rules.

IMO, If it doesn't follow the theme enough, it should lose points, but not be disqualified.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Just Kidden wrote:

IMO, If it doesn't follow the theme enough, it should lose points, but not be disqualified.

what this sexy beast said.

I can understand having confusions for the mod element. That's really annoying sometimes.

But it should be easy to make something at least loosely follow the theme in some way. Just somewhere, someplace.

Just somewhere, someplace.

how about over the rainbow...

or in my old firmly comfortable cottage

Lucas wrote:

or in my old firmly comfortable cottage

I got a van we could use as well.

Yeah, I mean there are a handful of THAC films that hardly follow the theme at all. It doesn't mean they should be disqualified, but hopefully the judges will take that aspect into account.

Olsonstudios wrote:

Yeah, I mean there are a handful of THAC films that hardly follow the theme at all. It doesn't mean they should be disqualified, but hopefully the judges will take that aspect into account.

So many people did the same thing, we need more original ideas.

Olsonstudios wrote:

Oh I know what I wanna take into account...

Lucas wrote:
Olsonstudios wrote:

Oh I know what I wanna take into account...

I'll let you take me into account...

BACK ON TOPIC!

Wether an entry follows the theme or not should not be taken into account on if it should be disqualified or not, it should only hurt it's chances of winning.

Lucas wrote:

BACK ON TOPIC!

Wether an entry follows the theme or not should not be taken into account on if it should be disqualified or not, it should only hurt it's chances of winning.

If they were to judge by points then it would take to long to get results.

It would work and be effective but they would need multiple judges.