Re: Lego Lord Of the Rings Sets (epic win)

And for my final piece of Comic-Con goodness I present the largest, and the smallest sets of the wave:
http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/11/nycc-leg … -the-ring/
http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/11/nycc-leg … ng-battle/
Both are must-buys in my book.

Beat me to this, too!

I really like the look of the Mirkwood set, but strangely enough it doesn't come with Bilbo. I guess that's because he was invisible most of the time, but he was invisible during the Barrel Escape too, and that set comes with him. XP

The Riddles for the Ring set looks pretty good too. I already have Gollum and three Rings, but I might still get it for Bilbo and all those rock pieces.

The Hobbit mini-site had been updated, and while I can't find them on Flickr, here is a slideshow of a lot of the set pics.
And yes, I am trying to be the first to report this amazing news. mini/tongue

And here's all the other relevant info:

Riddles For The Ring: Features Bilbo and Gollum (105 pieces, $9.99)

Escape From Mirkwood Spiders: Features Fili, Kili, Legolas, and Tauriel in Mirkwood (298 pieces, $29.99)

Attack Of The Wargs: Features Thorin, Bifur, Azog, Orcs and Warg in forest (400 pieces, $49.99)

An Unexpected Gathering: Features Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo, Balin, Bofur, Bombur, Dwalin (?, $60.00)

The Goblin King Battle: Features Dori, Nori, Ori, Gandalf, Goblins, Scribe, and Goblin King in Goblintown (841 pieces, $99.99)

Barrel Escape: Oin, Gloin, Bilbo, Two elves (?, $40.00)

Here are the pictures you couldn't find on Flickr.

I'm really hyped for these sets, they look really cool! mini/bigsmile

You don't mind if I write a small review for the demo of the LEGO LOTR game do you? What's that you say?
Well, it doesn't matter, I'm doing one anyway. mini/tongue

Short version: IT'S SWEET! Here LEGO, just take my money now! (Oh wait, you already have! mini/tongue )

Longer version:

First, downloading the demo was worth it for the music and voice clips alone...Even if the audio was a word ahead of the lip-syncing. (Don't worry, it's my computer, not the game.)

Second, fighting on the horse, seeing PJ's cameo throwing his trophy at the Uruk-Hai, watching the Rohan solders barricade the doorway with the piano and the pig, and shooting people with Legolas's bow each alone are awesome, both together...They're simply amazing.

Third, it feels totally different than any other Lego game that I have ever played. (LSW:2 was just new levels, and felt more-or-less the same. LB:2 was cool and slightly different, but still felt very familiar.)

Fourth, if nothing else, the Elrond minifigure coming with my pre-order is incentive enough to buy yet another Lego game.

Final verdict: mini/love

Oh wow. Didn't know that there was a demo out. Will be trying it out post hast. mini/smile Thanks Pritchard. Probably would have been ages before I finally noticed that.

mini/sad  It's not for mac. oh well, just another thing I'll have to wait for.....

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

One of the many upsides to a PC. JK   mini/tongue

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

mini/madhead  Grrrrrr..... and so another argument about PC vs. Mac begins. Just kidding. But still the mac is better...

-PushOverProductions

Haha, I see what you tried to do there. mini/tongue

"Of The Pond Films"

Unfortunately, simple comments such as these on the merits of Macs vs. those of PCs tend to result in flame wars. No more of them, 'kay?

Yessiree, I'm sure (at least hope) we were just messin' around and let it stop. mini/smile

"Of The Pond Films"

Jargon wrote:

Unfortunately, simple comments such as these on the merits of Macs vs. those of PCs tend to result in flame wars. No more of them, 'kay?

It was a joke.

-PushOverProductions

Yep.

Here's a new polybag that has been seen in Toys R Us in the US.
http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/30212-1.jpg

OFF TOPIC:
Galaxy Squad now has some set pics!
http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=4797

I really want that dark green hood.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Hm. I may get that. Not because I'm a Hobbit fan but for that minifig...

...and the mushroom.

Here's some rumored 2013 Lord of the Rings sets supposedly coming out in March.
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p … try1422714

The Hobbit sets are now available from Lego.com, and most of them have made their way to Amazon.com.

EDIT: And about the full Lego LOTR game...Buy it now! It's amazing! mini/yes

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (November 29, 2012 (02:02pm))