Topic: Staring Contest

Directory Link

Staring Contest

Youtube

Don't blink!

My first completed brickfilm. I'd love to hear everyone's opinions.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Walter Benson (November 7, 2012 (07:33pm))

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Re: Staring Contest

Pretty good! I like your style, Walter. mini/smile There were a couple spots of slightly choppy/kind of un-natural animation, but it didn't take away from the film.

Nice job! Your animation was really good and I'm impressed for it being your first finished brickfilm. Very smooth and fluid. The table flip wasn't the greatest, but the rest was really well done. I especially enjoyed your use of minifigure heads to depict facial changes. Keep up the good work!

Thanks guys. I appreciate your comments.

The table flipping animation wasn't the most natural, and I can see that even more now that it was pointed out. I think it needed more easing in. It is like the guy had super strength when he threw it.

I had such trouble with the masking that I didn't bother to reshoot anything. Believe it or not, it wasn't the actual editing that I had an issue with, but the compiling of the frames. Helium Frog and Monkeyjam wouldn't compile my edited frames. It'd compile my non edited ones right before the masking, but not the edited ones. They’re not really made for that kind of thing anyway. Also when I'd try using either version of Windows Movie Maker for XP or 7, it would literally compress the image quality. As a result only one of the frames is masked.

Ah! I follow you on Flickr! Nice to see you've gotten into brickfilming. mini/smile

For a first released brickfilm, this is very, very well animated, even by regular standards still quite good. The lighting was nice, and the set is brilliant. I love the very detailed clock, those windows, especially the ones around the door, and the flowers were a cool touch.

I'd really love to see you make something with a more creepy setting in future animations, since as far as photography goes, you're already very at setting up really amazingly lit stuff.

Wow, great job!  This is an excellent brickfilm with a simple plotline, it seems like it's in the (what I call) "classic" brickfilms.
I can't wait to see more from you!

OMGTHEQUALITY!!!!!!!one!!!!!1111!!!!

I'm sorry, but your quality is just amazing. Anyway, nice video! I laughed when he

Spoiler (click to read)

flipped the table on the guy.

Wow. That was great for a first film! Good job. Everything was done very well (except for the already mentioned things). I really liked the fluidity of the guys face changes also. I love the way the classic smiley face guy owned in the staring contest... mini/smile (That other guy has some anger management issues too. mini/lol )

Thanks again everybody. I appreciate your thoughts on the film.

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

Ah! I follow you on Flickr! Nice to see you've gotten into brickfilming. mini/smile

For a first released brickfilm, this is very, very well animated, even by regular standards still quite good. The lighting was nice, and the set is brilliant. I love the very detailed clock, those windows, especially the ones around the door, and the flowers were a cool touch.

I'd really love to see you make something with a more creepy setting in future animations, since as far as photography goes, you're already very at setting up really amazingly lit stuff.

Thanks! Hopefully I will be able to experiment with differently lit scenes in the future. They can be really
fun to photograph, although animating will be a whole other ball game for me.

I really enjoyed that! There are plenty of brickfilmers who've tried their hand at that idea, but I'd say this one was executed way better. mini/bigsmile

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

If I didn't say this was a joyous romp through awesome Brickfilm-ville, I'd be wrong! And you said that this was your first completed Brickfilm-- well good job! I think everyone's covered the few things that might've stood out, but I thought it was very nicely done! It wasn't overly complicated, and it was light and fun. I hadn't expected the ending, but it made me laugh loudly! I'm also digging the font type used! That's the Batman: The Animated Series font, isn't it? 5/5 Staring Smiley Faces! mini/smile

"Heal the world.  Make it a better place...." -Michael Jackson
"I like to stroke them." -Hazzat
http://bit.ly/jzKLdD ←YouTube!
-Jedi Master, DarthVincentPrice, who's retired...again... from the animation. Voicing's still a go!

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad so many of you enjoyed it.

DarthVincentPrice wrote:

I'm also digging the font type used! That's the Batman: The Animated Series font, isn't it?

At first I thought it wasn't, but when I noticed it with a blank background I started realizing it looked a lot like it! I'm not sure if it is just similar or if it is the same font. According to Windows Live Movie Maker it is called "AR Bonnie."