Topic: Adventures of Max: LEGO City Videogame

Directory Link

Adventures of Max: LEGO City Videogame

Link 1

Max is in for an epic adventure, tracking down criminals with Chase McCain!

Re: Adventures of Max: LEGO City Videogame

ahhh so that's what you've been up to. Amazing..... as usual.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

So you have been animating! Although the whole thing moved really fast, and was therefore a little hard to follow, I'm impressed with how well you did working under the extreme regulations that LEGO puts on its stop-motion films; I know it's not easy to have to work entirely with official sets. The technical aspect of the animations is of course wonderful, especially animating almost the entire thing on smooth tiles, no complaints there; and the bits of humor thrown in such as the kids chasing the ice cream truck were really nice. All around a really great brickfilm. Will TLG not let you put it on your channel? mini/smile

I really liked that! This is probably my favorite episode with Max. mini/smile

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Pretty nice. mini/smile

LEGO doesn't/hasn't let anyone that's made a film FOR them post it on their own channel. Builder Brother's made one too if I'm not mistaken. (Not a Max one).

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Altough the animation was superb and pretty much perfect, I didn't exactly enjoy this film but I don't think that is your fault. Mainly I just hate TLG's entire marketing philosophy, especially Max, who really really annoys me for one reason or another. But I don't want to clutter this thread with a mindless rant, so I will just say good job! mini/smile

Did you just paint the sky in that one scene (don't know how to explain it), the one with the clouds and bricks?

-PushOverProductions

I have an artist create 6 ft paintings for me to use as sky backdrops.

I really appreciate your comments!

1011ev that's not true. Pagano, Barati, and I have videos we made for LEGO on our channels.

Max is the coolest haha

Ahh, good to see another great animation from you! Animation was really good, and not a bad short for the LEGO Group. Nice work mate! mini/smile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Nice short!  Animation was great, but the whole "plot" (if it can be called that) seemed pretty rushed and somewhat simple--though I realize this is most likely LEGO's decision.  The sets were highly impressive, and the kids chasing the ice-cream truck was funny.  Overall, great job!

By the way, I thought Paganomation usually made Adventures of MAx shorts for LEGO...

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (October 26, 2012 (02:59am))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

backyardlegos wrote:

....I'm impressed with how well you did working under the extreme regulations that LEGO puts on its stop-motion films; I know it's not easy to have to work entirely with official sets.

Actually, there weren't just official sets.  The ice-cream truck isn't official, to my knowledge.  Also, Paganomation's films made for LEGO (especially The Red Brick Saga) have loads of non-official sets in them.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I have an artist create 6 ft paintings for me to use as sky backdrops.

Sweet!

-PushOverProductions

Ok, I was mistaken. Thanks for the clarification Mobdeli. mini/smile

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Actually, there weren't just official sets.  The ice-cream truck isn't official, to my knowledge.  Also, Paganomation's films made for LEGO (especially The Red Brick Saga) have loads of non-official sets in them.

While this is the case, and TLG is getting much better on how they use and treat brickfilms, they still put pretty heavy restrictions on films they are involved in any way with, enough so that there is a challenge presented. (the ice cream truck should totally be a set, btw mini/tongue ) I still can't quite figure out what TLG's opinion of the brickfilming community in general is, but they do seem to be accepting it more than they used to.

mobiledeli wrote:

Max is the coolest haha

I would think so too if I got to make Adventure of Max films for LEGO. mini/tongue

Wow, that was excellent.  As usual, everything was top-notch.  Well done.

Amazing work. The TLC influence was very noticeable.
Hopefully your next release will be independent which (IMO) are way better.

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

Fantastic as always!  Loved the animation, probably some of your best.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon