Topic: Flashlights & Shaky Cameras, with Frank Rock

Directory Link

Flashlights & Shaky Cameras, with Frank Rock

YouTube

Frank Rock investigates an abandoned train with a history of paranormal activity. Spookiness ensues.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Re: Flashlights & Shaky Cameras, with Frank Rock

That.  Was .  Awesome  mini/delirium .  That had so many cool effects!  From the snapshot, to the flashlight and the ghostcam, it was amazing.  The ending was hilarious!  What program(s) and camera do you use?  Sorry if you've said before, I'm pretty new on here.
Thanks, and keep it up!!

Great lighting! mini/wink

-Concept: 8/10
   -Story: 6.5/10
   -Cinematography: 9/10
   -Sound: 8.5/10
   -Music: 9/10
   -Animation: 8/10
   -Effects: 9/10
   -Voice acting: 9/10
   -Sets: 8.5/10

→OVERALL: 8.5/10

*The Overall rating as nothing to do with the other categories... It's just my overall appreciation of your film.

Smeagol made another brickfilm! Smeagol made another brickfilm!

Moving on.... mini/tongue

The thing that really stood out to me was the incredible sound design. Everything from the train's "Power-up" to the ghost's groans really contributed to the great atmosphere of the film. I'd say on that part, you really nailed it.

Most of the animation was good, but Rodney Rathbone's head moved too quickly in the sequence from 0:15 to 0:30. (For that matter, all the head turns were that way. Too fast, and slightly choppy.) The bat's arm was the same way as well, so was it simply from a rushed animation job, was it intentional, or what?

I think it also suffered from the short running time. Your movies always have a more developed idea behind them, and generally need a slower pace and longer run time to benefit from that. It seemed like you had a bigger idea, but then had to cut it down to the bare essentials.

Verdict: Great sound, great lighting effects, great visual effects, sometimes great, but sometimes not animation, and pacing that seemed...odd.
4/5

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (September 21, 2012 (04:42pm))

Aw, the lighting, it was so cool.
Wonderfully done. It's always a treat to see a film by you. mini/smile

I liked it, but I kind of wish it wasn't made for Tongal. It clearly affected, as Pritchard mentioned, the pacing and I fear for its chances of placing - it seems too clever by half. Still nice to see the ol' Smeagol style and sensibility, though.

Thanks, folks. This was definitely rushed because of a lack of time to work on it, due to filming the live action feature version of My Father is a Tyrannosaurus Rex this summer. I wish I hadn't had to make it in under 24 hours, but that's how it ended up. This was basically a THAC film.

Except for the sound design. That was by David Reino (Blue Ghost from BiM) and he did a great job. He made the sounds, I mixed/edited them into the video.

I wish I hadn't had to make it in under 24 hours, but that's how it ended up. This was basically a THAC film.

WOW! You made that in 24 hours? Now I'm really impressed! Even without knowing that it was made in such a short timeframe, it was still a wonderful movie! I especially love the way you captured the atmosphere of a ghost hunters-style show and the usual Smeagol sensibility. I also kind of have a soft spot for the Monster Fighters theme in general. Great job!

Mustache Maniacs Film Co.: Films you will go 'crazy' over! https://andrewberm.wixsite.com/mustachemaniacs

I actually didn't like it at all mini/sad the voice acting was average, but the main thing that got me was the delivering of the story and joke/s. It felt out of kilter and...amateur >.> not as good as your other films, unfortunately. The effects and lighting were decent, the animation was decent, but the story itself didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Red classic.
Free will carried many a soul to hell, but never a soul to heaven. -Charles H. Spurgeon

I'd also add that I was working within the confines of having to make a parody of the TV show "Ghost Hunters," with Monster Fighters characters. The script was mine, but I was working with an idea and characters that were part of the contest setup.