Topic: The Zoomtown Fire Brigade

Directory Link

The Zoomtown Fire Brigade

youtube

I made this film for the San Luis Obispo Children's Museum; so please, take into account that the target audience is 4 year-olds. This took me the whole summer do to vacation delays, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Re: The Zoomtown Fire Brigade

I really liked how you did the twirly effect! I have tried to do that in many occasions, but I just can't get it smooth. Very nice!

Awesome work, I enjoyed it. Did the Children's Museum pay you to animate this?

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Great job!
The only flaw I noted was a little bit of red overload in the living room/kitchen area of the firehouse.
A simple white stripe would have broken it up, but it's not a big deal, and is easily over looked.

The animation, story, sets, anything and everything else was great!

RedBrick1 wrote:

No, I did it as a service project for school, along with the video I posted awhile ago that was instructions for one of their exhibits.

@Pritchard: I definitely see what you mean by too much red. It also didn't help that Pinnacle Studio has been shifting the white balance on videos when they are exported, adding yellow and making the reds a much less attractive orange-ish color, I spent hours trying to fix it and wasn't able to do much. It looked a lot better the way I originally shot it. mini/frustrated

Last edited by backyardlegos (April 18, 2013 (01:06pm))

backyardlegos wrote:
RedBrick1 wrote:

No, I did it as a service project for school, along with the video I posted awhile ago that was instructions for one of their exhibits.

@Pritchard: I definitely see what you mean by too much red. It also didn't help that Pinnacle Studio has been shifting the white balance on videos when they are exported, adding yellow and making the reds a much less attractive orange-ish color, I spend hours trying to fix it and wasn't able to do much. It looked a lot better the way I originally shot it. mini/frustrated

I feel your pain, I used Pinnacle, got tired of fighting it and went to Vegas.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

So that's a problem you've had as well? Or are you just taking in general?

This is an awesome film!  The animation was perfect and the style was cool, the way you only used LEGO pieces for stuff...no CGI fire or water; the voices were also great, this really felt like something that belongs on LEGO.com!  I liked the fire alarm and the spinning part with the Fire Truck and the pedestrian mini/lol  a lot.  I just thought the first scenes in the restaurant felt a little too drawn out mini/rolleyes ...besides that, this was excellent!  That was time well spent!! mini/bigsmile