Topic: Victim

Directory Link

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3590/3331478472_f031ede37a.jpg

I've been making this film form last fall and now I've finnaly made it. Sometime between October and December I haven't done anything and also I wasn't filming in January. I've made two films when I was working on this, The New Guy and Finger prints. They are connected so watch them too.

I would like to thank the voice actors, thay did a great job!

QuickTime 14MB
YouTube

Last edited by Yanzl (March 7, 2009 (07:16am))

Re: Victim

That was simply amazing. It's gotta be the best brickfilm I've seen recently. The camera shakes were perfect, the sets were fantastic and the animation was wonderful. They way he stands over his boss at the end and says "Dead?"
I feel proud to have been a part of this! (however small that part may be mini/lol)

Please sir, may we have some more?

Last edited by Sean (March 7, 2009 (05:18am))

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

That was brilliant!
The set design was amazing, especially the opening shot of the city. It was breath-taking!
The animation was very fluent, and the fight scene is superb. Good work on the camera motion aswell. It looked very realistic!

That was amazing! I never thought it would be this good! By the way, you wrote "Detete Me Studios" instead of "Delete Me Studios" at the start.

Very nice animation, great camera movement. This is such a great brickfilm! The story was perfect! The set building was pure genius. I remember seeing you post some of those sets on the old refugee camp.

That's the best I've seen in a while from you. I'm going to watch this again.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

That was briljant! Set Design, Animation, Post Production. You nailed it all!

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Thanks. I watched the movie several times and didn't noticed "Detete", thanks for telling me. I guess I'm gonna re upload it.

Aaargh!
My QuickTime doesn't work properly, so I can't see it.
Hope the YouTube version is ready soon.

After these comments I'm VERY excited to see it! mini/smile

- JD

http://www.abload.de/img/cooksige238.jpg
YouTube | Flickr                                 "Bad Taste on YouTube"

Okay I watched it but I can't say I agree entirely with everyones comments. The animation was okay, and I really liked the rooftop scene. However there were some light flickers that distracted me a bit, and some of the dialogue was cheesy.

The lighting was nice in some places also, sometimes I think you used the shaky camera in the wrong places/too often but overall it was a good film.

I thought it was pretty good. But the camera got bumped when it showed one of the scenes with the guys boss.
Loved the TV!! I'm a sucker for cool props. mini/wink

Last edited by MooCJ (March 7, 2009 (08:05am))

mini/eek

I was in total awe the whole way through. Every aspect is flawless. I thought the fight scene and rooftop scene were particularly spectacular.

So, now I could finally watch it.

Great film!
I really liked that - animation was very smooth, the camera shakes fit well, too.
I love the beginning; the fight sequence is very well choreographed.

Overall, you did a very good job!

- JD

http://www.abload.de/img/cooksige238.jpg
YouTube | Flickr                                 "Bad Taste on YouTube"

I can't find a single, tiny flaw in this film. It's perfect. I love the opening and the fight in the end.

5/5

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Good job. I was most impressed with how you pulled off the background buildings, mind explaining the process?

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Picture each building, then deleted background in GIMP and imported them in Vegas. Then I played with the size and stuff and made the background.

Oh, and that one bump in the scene with the boss is supposed to be diferent camera angle. I just didn't move it enough.

Last edited by Yanzl (March 7, 2009 (10:18am))

A very nice film, Yanzl. I was impressed most by your pacing.

Great shot at 0:23, it has a great feel to it.

- Leo

That was great awesome sets perfect lightning great animation

I agree with everything that has been said before. The Movie looks exellent.

My only gripe is the horrid pacing. But I appear to be the only one to notice that....

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max Butcher wrote:

My only gripe is the horrid pacing. But I appear to be the only one to notice that....

Some notes about my view of the pacing...

- The fast opening with the titles works well to draw the viewer in.
- The second scene slows down for the "opening" of the film. Its pacing is good.
- The third/fourth scenes do have some strange pacing with the phone call cutting to the fourth scene.
- The fifth scene is the "action scene" with fast pacing that transitions to slower dialog.
- The final scene is fast, as it needs to be, with the music ending it.

Overall, the film transitions well between fast-paced action and slower scenes, although I think that third/fourth scenes could be done better. It builds up to the fast-paced ending scenes.

- Leo

Last edited by Leonardo812 (March 7, 2009 (11:07am))

Well done Yanzl! That was Epic. I can see a lot of hard work and effort went into every aspect of the film.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

Awesome. The rooftop animation was amazing! Very nice camera movements when he was sliding down the stairs at the beginning. The sets were very nice mini/smile. I noticed a couple of light flickers, but they didn't distract me from the film. mini/bigsmile

-Brain Wave

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter