Re: BRAWL 2012

Schools don't all start on the same week. Last year's BRAWL began on August 8th, while most American schools start in late August or early September.

Mickey wrote:

I don't understand why so many people have problems with entering. It's sad that so many people entered last year and not this year, even though that year's BRAWL took place the week before school, too. I don't see a problem with that. mini/confused

Not everyone starts school at the same time. Last years BRAWL took place 3 weeks before school started for me. Every school is different.  My cousin lives 30 minutes from me, and he starts school a full two weeks before I do.

Plus, starting off school can be a bigger deal for some then others. What I mean is that some peoples transition into the school year is a slower one (Not much homework or activites), while others are charged in full force. The latter is especially the case for college kids.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

I just remembered: easy homework in the first month of school or so. I guess because of how long Summer break is.

Last edited by Troodon (August 9, 2012 (10:52am))

Goliathan is gone until the 15th, so any questions/inquiries (regarding judging, how the contest works, prizes, etc.) you may have can be directed towards me.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Just Kidden wrote:

Goliathan is gone until the 15th, so any questions/inquiries (regarding judging, how the contest works, prizes, etc.) you may have can be directed towards me.

When will the prizes be announced? I'll enter even if there aren't but prizes make contests even epicer.

Generally BRAWL contests don't have prizes, so I doubt there will be any this year.

I'll see what we can do though, it's a possibility.

How's the judging system going to work?

Just Kidden wrote:

Generally BRAWL contests don't have prizes, so I doubt there will be any this year.

I'll see what we can do though, it's a possibility.

We had prizes last year, and if I remember correctly, we had them in 2009 too.

Mickey wrote:

I don't understand why so many people have problems with entering. It's sad that so many people entered last year and not this year, even though that year's BRAWL took place the week before school, too. I don't see a problem with that. mini/confused

You serious?
I start school the 20th.
Even if I hadn't, the 19th is a stupid date anyways compared to like the the 12th
because alooot more people would be able to enter.

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

How's the judging system going to work?

I don't believe Goliathan has settled on that yet, but when he does we will post it.

MPfist0 wrote:

We had prizes last year, and if I remember correctly, we had them in 2009 too.

Oh, it appears we did. Maybe Goliathan has some prizes in mind? Who knooows
(I assumed he didn't have any prizes in mind because he didn't mention it to me or in the original post.)

Oh yes! This sounds like it could be a fun challenge! Seen entries from previous competitions but never entered myself before mini/smile Brilliant!

For the prizes, try to do something simple, but something that people won't complain at. A lot of people didn't like the prizes for last year's THAC.

Hopefully I can enter this... depends how busy I am, but i'm still bummed that I didn't enter last year.
Also, why are prizes such a big concern?

Olsonstudios wrote:

Hopefully I can enter this... depends how busy I am, but i'm still bummed that I didn't enter last year.
Also, why are prizes such a big concern?

I dunno. I just asked and now everybody is talking about it.

I'm not going to enter. Kitchen Sink will take up a lot of time, so no BRAWL for me.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Ok guys I found a spot where I can get on the Internet. Judging will be based on the ratings of various elements if the film like cinematography, story, animation ect. Basically the same as the directory. Judges will rate each film on each aspect on a score of 1-10. Whoever has the highest overall rating is the winner. Prizes are currently up in the air I am having some difficulty finding a sponsor. If you know someone who would want to sponsor the contest, or would like to donate prizes shoot me a PM.

To ensure that all entries are viewable by everyone, a version of the video with a maximum file size of 10 megabytes per minute must be submitted within the one week time period.

And how do I know if my video is the size of 10 megabytes per minute?

If you run Windows, you can just right click the file and hit "properties". Divide the size of the file in megabytes by the length in minutes. If you get a number less than ten, you're good to go.

Goliathan wrote:

Ok guys I found a spot where I can get on the Internet. Judging will be based on the ratings of various elements if the film like cinematography, story, animation ect. Basically the same as the directory. Judges will rate each film on each aspect on a score of 1-10. Whoever has the highest overall rating is the winner. Prizes are currently up in the air I am having some difficulty finding a sponsor. If you know someone who would want to sponsor the contest, or would like to donate prizes shoot me a PM.

I think it would be better if the judges just arranged the films in a list of most favorite to least favorite, and then averaged them out between those ratings.

Squash wrote:

If you run Windows, you can just right click the file and hit "properties". Divide the size of the file in megabytes by the length in minutes. If you get a number less than ten, you're good to go.

I checked my last film, wich was 2 minutes long and 82,7 mb large, how do I get it beneath 10mb?

Sorry if I'm a little dumb here...