Re: BRAWL 2012

You'll have to use some sort of compression. Your editing software probably gives you a selection of codecs with some quality settings that can be lowered to give you smaller file sizes. You'll likely need to adjust them through trial and error until the film is under the limit. If I were Goliathan (I'm not, of course) I would amend the rules to allow members to upload unlisted Youtube videos and email the link instead of an entire file, since most people here use Youtube anyway. I don't know how he feels about that idea, though.

EDIT: Disregard my bumbling; you can upload to Youtube.

Re: BRAWL 2012

Hmm..okay, thanks for the help. I'll see if I can find a way to fix this in Sony Vegas Pro 11 (wich is our editing software). It would be nice tho, if you just could upload it on Youtube.

Re: BRAWL 2012

Squash wrote:

You'll have to use some sort of compression. Your editing software probably gives you a selection of codecs with some quality settings that can be lowered to give you smaller file sizes. You'll likely need to adjust them through trial and error until the film is under the limit. If I were Goliathan (I'm not, of course) I would amend the rules to allow members to upload unlisted Youtube videos and email the link instead of an entire file, since most people here use Youtube anyway. I don't know how he feels about that idea, though.

I thought this part allowed you to send a youtube link instead of a download link:

Upload hosts
Upload your film to MediaFire.com, it's simple to do, you don't even need an account. Just upload and send the link in an e-mail. Other file hosting sites are acceptable, as long as the link isn't public.
Alternatively, upload your entry to YouTube. However, instead of setting the privacy as "Public", change it to "Unlisted". This means that the only way to watch the film is if you have the link. Send the link in an e-mail afterwards.

Re: BRAWL 2012

Oh, my bad, totally missed that. You're correct. So yeah, you can just upload an unlisted file to Youtube, Noobster.
Goliathan, do you mind if I edit the formatting of the first post so it's a little bit easier to read? Right now everything is kind of wedged together.

Re: BRAWL 2012

Ah, great! Then I don't have to worry about anything. mini/smile

Re: BRAWL 2012

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:
Goliathan wrote:

Ok guys I found a spot where I can get on the Internet. Judging will be based on the ratings of various elements if the film like cinematography, story, animation ect. Basically the same as the directory. Judges will rate each film on each aspect on a score of 1-10. Whoever has the highest overall rating is the winner. Prizes are currently up in the air I am having some difficulty finding a sponsor. If you know someone who would want to sponsor the contest, or would like to donate prizes shoot me a PM.

I think it would be better if the judges just arranged the films in a list of most favorite to least favorite, and then averaged them out between those ratings.

Eh, I think judging it by all qualities is better than judging by favorites. Just my opinion.

Re: BRAWL 2012

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:
Goliathan wrote:

Ok guys I found a spot where I can get on the Internet. Judging will be based on the ratings of various elements if the film like cinematography, story, animation ect. Basically the same as the directory. Judges will rate each film on each aspect on a score of 1-10. Whoever has the highest overall rating is the winner. Prizes are currently up in the air I am having some difficulty finding a sponsor. If you know someone who would want to sponsor the contest, or would like to donate prizes shoot me a PM.

I think it would be better if the judges just arranged the films in a list of most favorite to least favorite, and then averaged them out between those ratings.

Judging (no pun intended) from my previous experience as a judge, Goliathan's method is more reliable. It simply allows for more accurate scores.

For example, I may have enjoyed and/or liked two films equally, but for very different reasons. Having multiple categories by which to judge the film allows me to better quantify what about the film is more deserving of an award. It's a fairly common practice in judging that spans many fields.

Re: BRAWL 2012

I also like being judged by categories. It can show your strong and weak points in your film. It also lets you know what to improve on. I do have a request, have a category for how well your film fits the theme.
Also will we know the categories before the contest?

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Re: BRAWL 2012

Noobster Studios wrote:
Squash wrote:

If you run Windows, you can just right click the file and hit "properties". Divide the size of the file in megabytes by the length in minutes. If you get a number less than ten, you're good to go.

I checked my last film, wich was 2 minutes long and 82,7 mb large, how do I get it beneath 10mb?

Sorry if I'm a little dumb here...

 
You have to convert the File to a lower Format or MOV depends which one has the greatest quality?

Re: BRAWL 2012

Just realized it's Three days away! mini/smile  Prepare for my entry to not beat Yours! mini/sunnies

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

Re: BRAWL 2012

Dang I just realized I'm in school next week. And I so wanted to try BRAWL. I guess the only thing I'll be entering will be THAC.

Re: BRAWL 2012

[email protected]#$ im on vacation in Switzerland!
AHH!!
-Jan687

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8422/7880149424_852a72ef8f.jpg

Re: BRAWL 2012

I guess this means I have to get my skills up to what they were in December. No problem, seeing as the last time I animated before then was August.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Re: BRAWL 2012

If we upload our videos to youtube, do the videos still have to follow the rule 10MB per minute (thats what I thought it was) sorry if I've missed anything out in the rules, also is there any more word on prizes

Re: BRAWL 2012

Knowlesproductions wrote:

If we upload our videos to youtube, do the videos still have to follow the rule 10MB per minute (thats what I thought it was) sorry if I've missed anything out in the rules.

Nope. But you do have to set the video to unlisted.

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

Re: BRAWL 2012

Darn unless I can start and finish on the 19th school is gonna get in the way. hmph, let's see that theme!:)

Re: BRAWL 2012

2 days left! mini/bigsmile I hope I can come up with a good idea and finish on time this year. mini/sweat

Re: BRAWL 2012

So what does this mod element mean i haven't done BRAWL at all mini/blankexpression

Re: BRAWL 2012

The mod element is used so that you can prove that the footage was not shot before the contest started, to make it fair for everyone.

Re: BRAWL 2012

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

The mod element is used so that you can prove that the footage was not shot before the contest started, to make it fair for everyone.

And without it, you'll be disqualified.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter