Topic: The Mystery Mine

Directory Link

The Mystery Mine

Youtube

Just a short Brickfilm over a Lego men and a Mine!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8422/7880149424_852a72ef8f.jpg

Re: The Mystery Mine

Why did you post a casting call if you upload the film a few days later without recieving any auditions? I don't get it. mini/eh

Review: there was some weird visual effects, copyrighted, unfitting music, and a few bits of choppy animation dotted here and there. The storyline was really strange. A guy goes into a mine, puts his hand next to a button, screams the Wilhelm Scream and is transported to the real world. Then he walks up to a washing machine and goes back to the LEGO world to be smushed by a human. I had trouble keeping track of what was happening and had to rewind a few times.

The lighting also irked me quite a bit. I was watching this in broad daylight, so it was really hard to see the screen. Maybe you should watch these videos to help you try to fix that.

Another thing was the newscast at the very beginning. The audio was really laggy and I had trouble understanding what those guys on TV (especially the second guy, that looked like Han Solo) were saying, probably because of the pitter-pattering rain sound coming from the background. Also, the 7-second-long dial tone was unnecessary. Usually, when on the news, the newscasters talk to people on speakerphone, they have already been called. mini/confused

You really should make some animation tests, before making so many films. If you think I'm being mean, I'm not. I'm only saying this because you should work on your animation a little. mini/blankexpression

2.4/10

Last edited by Mickey (August 8, 2012 (07:46pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

Why did you post a casting call if you upload the film a few days later without recieving any auditions? I don't get it. mini/eh

Review: there was some weird visual effects, copyrighted, unfitting music, and a few bits of choppy animation dotted here and there. The storyline was really strange. A guy goes into a mine, puts his hand next to a button, screams the Wilhelm Scream and is transported to the real world. Then he walks up to a washing machine and goes back to the LEGO world to be smushed by a human. I had trouble keeping track of what was happening and had to rewind a few times.

The lighting also irked me quite a bit. I was watching this in broad daylight, so it was really hard to see the screen. Maybe you should watch these videos to help you try to fix that.

Another thing was the newscast at the very beginning. The audio was really laggy and I had trouble understanding what those guys on TV (especially the second guy, that looked like Han Solo) were saying, probably because of the pitter-pattering rain sound coming from the background. Also, the 7-second-long dial tone was unnecessary. Usually, when on the news, the newscasters talk to people on speakerphone, they have already been called. mini/confused

You really should make some animation tests, before making so many films. If you think I'm being mean, I'm not. I'm only saying this because you should work on your animation a little. mini/blankexpression

2.4/10

Thank you for your Feedback but this is my first animation and i find it for the first try Great!!!!
And ps this is my test film!!

-Jan687!!

Interesting. I like this film, it has sort of an Avante-Garde feel to it that intrigues me. This is a great attempt at a first film in my opinion. Some of the cinematography was quite nice, as well as your use of some of the visual effects. That shot towards the end with the figure walking towards the dryer and you can see the glow is very haunting and mesmerizing. I really enjoyed that.

The weakest point of this film was definitely the voice acting, as it was very quiet and I could barely understand what was being said. This definitely should be addressed in further projects. Overall, great job with your first film! I'm assuming that you intended the plot to be a little abstract and "random". If not, then I didn't really understand the plot that much. It worked well as an experimental/abstract film. Keep up the good work!

Mickey wrote:

2.4/10

Seems a bit harsh, you shouldn't be so critical in your reviews without offering constructive ways in which to improve.

Anyway, I thought for a first film it was actually pretty good.  The film was fairly well executed and the story was interesting.  The animation definitely needs some work (Just keep refining), but it's by no means terrible, also your timing and editing was the real weakness of the film, it really just needs tightening up. (Oh, and make sure to turn up the brightness).

3/5 (Considering it's your first film) keen to see more from you mini/wink

Last edited by Saminatorger (August 14, 2012 (01:23pm))

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

Repelling Spider wrote:

Interesting. I like this film, it has sort of an Avante-Garde feel to it that intrigues me. This is a great attempt at a first film in my opinion. Some of the cinematography was quite nice, as well as your use of some of the visual effects. That shot towards the end with the figure walking towards the dryer and you can see the glow is very haunting and mesmerizing. I really enjoyed that.

The weakest point of this film was definitely the voice acting, as it was very quiet and I could barely understand what was being said. This definitely should be addressed in further projects. Overall, great job with your first film! I'm assuming that you intended the plot to be a little abstract and "random". If not, then I didn't really understand the plot that much. It worked well as an experimental/abstract film. Keep up the good work!

Hello thank you for your good feedback im now busy with a new brick film its a little bit dramatic
but it is really nice!

Saminatorger wrote:
Mickey wrote:

2.4/10

Seems a bit harsh, you shouldn't be so critical in your reviews without offering constructive ways in which to improve.

Anyway, I thought for a first film it was actually pretty good.  The film was fairly well executed and the story was interesting.  The animation definitely needs some work (Just keep refining), but it's by no means terrible, also your timing and editing was the real weakness of the film, it really just needs tightening up. (Oh, and make sure to turn up the brightness).

3/5 (Considering it's your first film mini/wink keen to see more from you

Thank you for your good feedback!!
-Jan687

um.. are you serious that's your first film? that was amazing! wasn't expecting

Spoiler (click to read)

him to end up in a guys bedroom haha

, awesome job.

"Oh wait, bananas are banana repellant."