Topic: The Hunger Games Trailer in LEGO

Directory Link

The Hunger Games Trailer in LEGO

YouTube

I made this for a school project a while back mini/smile Spent $40 on the figs and took about 20 hours to make. I know its a little choppy in some parts and the sets aren't perfect because of time restraints but you get what you get. Thanks for watching!

Last edited by TheBrickFlicks (August 10, 2012 (04:58pm))

Check out my YouTube and my Twitter mini/smile

Re: The Hunger Games Trailer in LEGO

Not bad! As you said, there is a bit of choppy animation; however, I'm not exactly sure that it's your framerate (btw what fps are you using?). Whenever you have a close-up shot, which this film is pretty much entirely composed of, you have to take more pictures than you normally would, in order to make the same movement look smooth. Filming close up is a big difference from "regular" brickfilming, which generally consists of wider shots. So basically kudos to you for taking on a trailer like this mini/tongue The sets didn't matter too much, to be honest, because most shots are close up and you can't see much of a set anyways. I'd certainly experiment more on close-up shots if I were you, just because you've kinda crossed into that territory and I'd be interested in seeing where it took you!
7/10
-kcirbfilms

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

Thanks a ton for that! I took 12 shots for each second but held each shot for two frames then played them back at 24fps. I saw kooberz do that and I wanted to try it out. I usually shoot at 15fps.

kcirbfilms wrote:

Not bad! As you said, there is a bit of choppy animation; however, I'm not exactly sure that it's your framerate (btw what fps are you using?). Whenever you have a close-up shot, which this film is pretty much entirely composed of, you have to take more pictures than you normally would, in order to make the same movement look smooth. Filming close up is a big difference from "regular" brickfilming, which generally consists of wider shots. So basically kudos to you for taking on a trailer like this mini/tongue The sets didn't matter too much, to be honest, because most shots are close up and you can't see much of a set anyways. I'd certainly experiment more on close-up shots if I were you, just because you've kinda crossed into that territory and I'd be interested in seeing where it took you!
7/10
-kcirbfilms

Check out my YouTube and my Twitter mini/smile

Whoops, wrong thread.

Very nice! I loved the custom minifigures!