Re: The Animation Challenge

I'm going to start to judge now so this is the time to ask for a deadline extension if you need one.

I'm almost finished, please wait a bit, thanks Isaac!

EDIT: Here it is!
Hope you like it, I tried to do something a bit different...
Where do people usually post animation challenge videos? In the test section? Thanks!

Last edited by Realm of the Unreel (July 22, 2012 (08:37am))

Ok. mini/smile

Here's my entry.  (I can't do the thing where there is text instead of the url, i suck.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD47GGT02hg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DEb89AL2f4I/TrtROjk241I/AAAAAAAAAPE/5IanpONeHoE/s1600/BannerBiMLOL.png

Isaac, Y U NO JUDGE! mini/XD

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Results!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________]

In 1st place is] MindGame studios!
Amazing entry! Loved every second!

In 2nd place is] Rafaelbisinoti!!
Another great entry! I especially liked the gun shots from the pistol at 0:04.

In 3rd place is] alexsnowskate!
Very nice animation, 24fps? Looks like it, very good entry. mini/smile
___________________________________________________________________________________________________]
Others:(in no order).

Briks: Very nice smooth animation, I like it.

Eagle Animations: Nice animation on this, but I think the gun would have looked better if you had shone a light on the muzzle flash.

Co0lwill: I liked the pistol, but I didn’t like the machine gun so much.

LeongtntStudios: I like this one because the light from the gun affects the dark room; I think this is what Eagle Animation's entry is missing.

Ordered Studios: I like the frame rate on this one, but I think it needs some easing in and easing out, have you seen Fancypant’s tutorial on that?

MrLegoProductions: I think the gunshot could have had a little more added to it, (just my opinion). mini/cat

Ghostofmrsdaystudios:

Ghostofmrsdaystudios wrote:

Hope you hate it.

I didn’t hate it, I actually quite liked it! mini/smile I thought the muzzle flash was very good, but I did see something at the edge of the screen which moved around.

Realm of the Unreel: Very nice animation and I like your try at doing lego smoke, but it looked a little weird, still, nice entry!

StormofCake: Like with Ordered Studio’s entry I think easing in and easing out would help.

LASF: Not bad, but I didn’t really like the muzzel flashes very much.
\_______________________________________________________________________________________________/]
Thank-you so much to everyone who entered and pick a good theme MindGame!]

Last edited by animationIsaac (July 23, 2012 (04:39am))

Hey, Realm of the Unreel, your entry is pretty goshdarn sweet. However, I think it would look better if the legos that represent smoke moved a bit faster so it was not obvious that they are legos. Also your title sequence was annoyingly long.
Lol, that was awesome. How long did it take?

Thanks topitmunkeydog! Yeah, when I got to editing it I realized I hadn't taken enough photos of the smoke, so I ended up making them last 2 frames instead of one and it shows...it took a long time to mask it, and for some reason the white balance on all of the shots with smoke was off so my sister had to color correct it in photoshop (I'm color blind). The motion blur was supposed to make it look a little less lego-y but it didn't work that well
thanks for the feedback!

Congrats, MindGame, now pick a good theme. mini/smile
Parallax scrolling, maybe?

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Congratulations, MindGame. Give us a good theme!

If MindGame is picking then I'm definitely doing this one. mini/bigsmile

I don't often come up with something i'm genuinely pleased with, if it's arrogant to be proud of your work and want to tell others about it then this world is messed up. - Gareth Pugh

As shall I.

http://i.imgur.com/lZUQ9.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/9CQIM.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/YZLtR.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/ICcjc.png

@animationIssac: I think you posted Briks video instead of alexsnowskate's. Just to let you know mini/tongue

My animation wasnt finished in time mini/sad I'll probably enter the next one mini/smile
What about: Playing an instrument or transforming into a werewolf/monster.
I would love if you chose this one: Skiing/Snowboarding. I know we had boardsports, but skiing is different. You can choose between (or both) alpine or cross-country. Please do this one. Have always wanted to do it, and now I have enough parts mini/smile

I need a new name! HELP

lol as always i end up second mini/tongue
Give us a good one MindGame!

I will totally enter if MindGame is picking!

Ahhh yeah!!!

Youtube

I will enter if it's a good theme, not because it's Mindgame that picks it. mini/tongue

Also, I thought of making it with some light, but couldn't find any flashlights or something in 2 days.
I think the results were a bit off, but that's just my opinion, your the judge. mini/smile

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

Congratulations, MindGame. Pick a good theme! mini/smile

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

Ideas: Hitting something with a pickaxe, explosion, first-person.
Yes, those are all references to minecraft.

Awesome! Thanks to animationIsaac! mini/bigsmile

Alright, guys, the new theme is Dance Number.

The tentative deadline is a week from today, JULY 29, though that may be subject to change depending on how many entires are completed by then.

This theme can be taken in a variety of ways, whether you want to go in the direction of classical, Hollywood-style dance sequences (a la Singin' in the Rain or The Artist), a ballet number, a big, over-the-top Bollywood ensemble dance, ballroom dancing, some kind of avant-garde interpretive dance, maybe something not even involving minifigures, pretty much anything you can think of.

Whatever you come up with, don't be afraid to think a little bit outside of the box. Have fun with it, and show me some creative choreography.

Troodon wrote:

Ideas: Hitting something with a pickaxe, explosion, first-person.
Yes, those are all references to minecraft.

First Post wrote:

Bricksplosion- NXTManiac

Explosion.

Also, I personally don't think hitting something with a pickaxe is much of a challenge. Also, not everybody here may have a pickaxe Lego piece.

Personally, though, I love the first-person idea. That would be a cool challenge! mini/bigsmile

Edit: Looks like MindGame already chose the theme. ^^