Topic: The Dark Knight Rises IN LEGO

Directory Link

The Dark Knight Rises IN LEGO

YouTube

Nolan's upcoming epic still needs a few tweaks...

YouTube
Max, She/They

Re: The Dark Knight Rises IN LEGO

HAHA!
Nice!

I think that The Dark Knight Wises did a little better with the joke, (Which is getting a little old anyway) but this wasn't bad. There were some camera bumps in the last clip, but it took a second viewing to notice them, so that's not a big deal. The animation was pretty good, and I loved the part where Batman's mask spun around.

The last scene was a good touch to separate it from all the other videos using the same joke, but in fact Nolan DID change the voice after all the whining from fans. I don't even see where this is coming from because I could understand perfectly what both Bane and Batman were saying even before they changed Bane's voice. So it was funny, but untruthful.
(Adding a scene where angry fans throw fruit at him and then having him give up and change the voice would have been a great addition, and also would have fixed this part.)

So to sum it up: Nice way to use the same joke but add another twist....If only it wasn't a lie.
The animation was nice, so no complains there, and the voice actors were good for the script.
The sets behind Bane and then in the last scene were good, but the one behind Batman could have been better.
So my final score is: 3.25/5

Well, it's a good film with good animation. But, people keep using the same overused joke over and over. I didn't really laugh because it's an old joke.

Also, using a Cowboy Bandana as Bane's "mouth mask"? Really? mini/tongue

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I think that The Dark Knight Wises did a little better with the joke, (Which is getting a little old anyway) but this wasn't bad. There were some camera bumps in the last clip, but it took a second viewing to notice them, so that's not a big deal. The animation was pretty good, and I loved the part where Batman's mask spun around.

The last scene was a good touch to separate it from all the other videos using the same joke, but in fact Nolan DID change the voice after all the whining from fans. I don't even see where this is coming from because I could understand perfectly what both Bane and Batman were saying even before they changed Bane's voice. So it was funny, but untruthful.
(Adding a scene where angry fans throw fruit at him and then having him give up and change the voice would have been a great addition, and also would have fixed this part.)

So to sum it up: Nice way to use the same joke but add another twist....If only it wasn't a lie.
The animation was nice, so no complains there, and the voice actors were good for the script.
The sets behind Bane and then in the last scene were good, but the one behind Batman could have been better.
So my final score is: 3.25/5

I agree the joke might be getting old, but I laughed at the end, it doesn't really matter if it happened or not: in cases like this, I think it's more important to make a joke work rather than trying to be accurate, since people probably already know the truth, and in my opinion, what you suggested would just have made this short longer than it needed to be. And actually, probably because I'm italian, I really didn't understand a word in the original trailer.

As others have said, the joke was a bit tired, but the animation was enjoyable and helped sell it well.

Well, I don't know about Max, but when I thought of the joke, it was December 2011 and the unintelligible jokes were fresh.  Unfortunately in this medium and our limited resources, it sometimes takes a while to get it from an idea to a finished product.

Best to treat this video as if it came out early this year: Ha! Nolan, Y U no fix dialog?

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

I don't know if they were fresh then either; people have been making unintelligible Batman jokes since the release of TDK. It's not a big step from one to the other.

Yeah, I wanted to release this video much much earlier; but I actually had to buy a Batman figure and then I had to stop animating because of my super important cant-get-to-university-without-passing-them exams. You cant tell, but the set and the figures are really dusty because they've been lying around my room for about four months waiting to be animated. Its ironic that a film so short spent so much time in pre-production.

This short is just meant to be a combination of the old TDK jokes about Bale's voice (which I actually quite like, despite the fact its so easy to imitate) and the jokes about Bane's voice too - putting them together in kind of a 'voice-off'.

Mickey wrote:

Also, using a Cowboy Bandana as Bane's "mouth mask"? Really?

I know, I know. I looked all over my collection for something that vaguely resembled Bane. Eventually I just had to take a red bandanna and sharpie it black. Now I know how everyone felt before Lego made a proper Batman minifigure...

Last edited by Max Butcher (July 5, 2012 (01:35am))

YouTube
Max, She/They