Topic: Lego Captain America Commercial (Parody)

Directory Link

Lego Captain America Commercial (Parody)

Forgot that I totally didn't post this here! Love to hear your thoughts, guys. Lay it on me. mini/smile

Last edited by filmyguy (June 29, 2012 (11:59am))

Re: Lego Captain America Commercial (Parody)

Well, I'll be frank. The idea wasn't very original, and violent brickfilms are just not interesting. I wasn't a fan of the Five Armies "song" playing when Cap was fighting the aliens; it didn't fit the mood at all. Also, the jokes were a bit forced. I didn't really find it funny. mini/confused

But, this was better than ForrestFire's Captain America brickfilm. At least this one had some storyline.

Last edited by Mickey (October 31, 2013 (07:44pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Although, the above comment may have some truths I disagree. The jokes were a bit forced and predictable but the overall plot/idea of the film makes it worth a like, a comment and a chuckle. The animation was great all besides the motorcycle driving in which the background flashing by is all the same. I enjoyed it enough but expect more from Batman vs Aquaman and Tim and Fred jokes than this.

You can NEVER take too many pictures. http://www.youtube.com/user/officialani … sults_main

Really, the animation was worse than usual, and the effects were mediocre at best.
(0:26 not only had a horrible background that WASN'T made of Lego, the green-screen effect was "wavy" and done quite sloppily. 0:46 had PATHETIC green-screening, not to mention the place where the explosions stopped on the shield.)

I have to agree with Mickey on the jokes and music. Both pieces of music are over-used as it is, but when they don't even fit the mood or events, it gets even worse. Neither one of them should have ever been anywhere close to this video. The jokes were lame, because Cap does use a gun, and you ignored the whole aspect of the shield being super-sharp.

The sets were very plain and uninteresting, most being nothing more than a blank wall of brown or bley with a door or window every great once in a while. There was a lot of looped footage, still frames, and the voice acting wasn't anything spectacular.

Overall, I expected MUCH better from you, if it ain't gunna' be quality stuff then you need to forget the quantity.Your previously great sets/plots and animation skills are all slipping because of this, and that's not a good thing. mini/blankexpression

And I hate to say it, but you seem to be turning into Forrestfire. My advice:
Get your act together, forget updating your channel, forget loading videos every week, forget doing anything online for at least a month while you work on ONE really good and original (Preferably Tim and Fred so you won't be messing up any copyrighted character.) video. Make sure it has a good plot, sets, effects, animation, no less that five minute run-time, and really everything that your videos USED to have a year or two ago. Once it's done, upload it, and then restart the process.

The one thing that I did like about the video were the credits, mostly because the shield design was pretty cool.

Overall: 3.5/5 (And that's being generous.)

Pritchard Studios wrote:

0:26 not only had a horrible background that WASN'T made of Lego

Well, technically... mini/wink

Nope, it's similar, but not exact. mini/wink 
The whole background in the video looks stretched wider, and smashed shorter than the real thing, the Lego one doesn't have broken windows, and the shop to the right of the middle building is blue and narrow, not orange and fat.

So it's this part, which is still Lego, but not made with ABS bricks which is what I really meant.

Hahaha, touche.

Hey there filmyguy (or do you prefer Sean?)

First off, I have almost always liked your videos. Some of them are great even.

Second, I did kind of get a chuckle out of this. I mean it was ok and all, just not what you used to do.

Third, I have to agree almost completely with Pritchard. In particular, I have to say... DO NOT give up your skills and the quality your capable of for trying to get a video out every week. I like a frequently updated channel as much as the next guy, but haveing quality stuff is so much more important. If it takes a month to do something good, do it. At least in my opinion.
[sarcasm] Yes, yes. I know that a month is an eternity in today's culture of instant gratification. [/sarcasm]

Just thought I'd add this: 0:17 He maybe could have had a little more movement while talking. It was basically just a still frame.

I think the first few seconds of animation was very good where the motorbike came down from the sky and Captain America jumps on.
Overall though, I was hoping for more.