Topic: Robbers Can Be Stupid!

Directory Link

Robbers Can Be Stupid!

Youtube

This is probably my only film that lacks flicker! I used paper over my lamps, but then my parents prevented me from doing that. But still, Enjoy!

Re: Robbers Can Be Stupid!

Erm... The special effects were not very well done, and paper on the lamps!? Good thing your parents stopped you, that could burn. The animation was pretty good though.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/Rogeralans/LOGOsigOfficial_zpscdbbba00.png

Thanks for the encouragement.:mad:

I like the concept, you're animation seemed good, but just a tad slow in certain spots.

@rogeralans (and GHB too)  Most brickfilmer's put paper over their lamps (including me), it's used to defuse the lighting to make it more "smoother" because the naked eye doesn't notice the indifference of the electrons not moving in a perfect sequence in/on the coil in the lightbulb. It just all depends on what watt bulbs you use for you to worry about the paper. I had 34's and they were amazing. (Until one broke, so I switched them both). mini/wink

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

My gosh... did that man suddenly combust? mini/eek

My main beef is that it was close to 13 seconds of animation and 13 seconds of credits... thought I can't judge because thats 13 more seconds of animation than I have done in a long. mini/tongue

@rogeralans and 1011Ev
Agreed that paper does work to 'smooth' out the light but it does burn... I was working on a Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde film a while back and the paper covering the lamp darn near started on fire; it was smoking something fierce.

If I'm on the forums, I'm probably waiting for Blender to finish rendering.

Well thanks for the feedback everybody. If you noticed, there was no light flicker, so for some people, diffusing lamps by using paper, also prevents light flicker. I have a frost bulb that I'm working with for a night scene in my next film. Works really well for moonlight!

rogeralans wrote:

Erm... The special effects were not very well done, and paper on the lamps!? Good thing your parents stopped you, that could burn. The animation was pretty good though.

It looks like he used a basic computer painting program.

Last edited by END films (August 17, 2012 (02:11pm))

Hey End films, you can talk to me. And yes I used a paint program.