Re: The 2011 Bricks in Motion Awards: The Results!

Want to see a wider pool of winners? Create winning material for next year. mini/bigsmile

Can someone please give me a link to LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends?

"I imagine Brickfilming as an endless sea, the ideas float. If they are forgotten, they sink to the deepest part of the sea"
- Troodon
"I'm so used to live action I hadn't thought about the idea of feeding directly to a computer haha"
- Philip 'I own the largest Stop Motion Website' Hienrich

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 1/#p226231

Congratulations to the winners! mini/bigsmile

Beau travail Maxime Marion... Bravo!

Congratulations, winners! I still think Viva la Vida should have won at least one category, for it was a great brickfilm.

Squash wrote:

I think he was questioning your spelling (it's Henri and Edmond mini/tongue).

I assume thats sarcasm.

I do agree that more films should have won. Like maybe limit it to 1 victory per film.

It's not sarcasm. The title is Henri and Edmond, after the two main characters.

Seems that every year we have calls for some sort of limit to how many awards a film can take, but I honestly don't think that sort of restriction is fair. If a film does multiple things better than the competition, it should win multiple awards.

Squash wrote:

It's not sarcasm. The title is Henri and Edmond, after the two main characters.

Seems that every year we have calls for some sort of limit to how many awards a film can take, but I honestly don't think that sort of restriction is fair. If a film does multiple things better than the competition, it should win multiple awards.

He announced it wrong in the live results... (As with E or Egyptian Holiday)

Maybe more categories need to be made...  Like a beginner categorie or something. I don't know just a thought.

The problem with a Best Newcomer award is that it discourages people from releasing their first brickfilm until they've created something absolutely perfect in order to compete for the award. That's not an attitude we really want to support in the community; we want people to learn through creating films and receiving positive, meaningful feedback.

I believe there used to be a "Best Debut Film" category in the earlier BAMPAs for people's very first films. They removed it because it caused some newer members to refrain from posting their films on the site until they became better animators.

EDIT: Oh, Jargon got there first. mini/tongue

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/youtube.jpghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/sitelogo.jpg

He announced it wrong in the live results... (As with E or Egyptian Holiday)

Ah, must have missed that. My bad.

Squash wrote:

I completely agree.  There were many wonderdul films to choose from, but the three winners simply excelled in multiple areas.  They shouldn't be penalized for that; they should be rewarded. 

Congratulations to our talented and hard-working winners.  You are an inspiration to us all! mini/smile

If another award really needs to be added, it certainly wouldn't be Best Newcomer, IMO.
I've been thinking I wouldn't mind seeing Best Editing: after all editing it's an important part of every film, and some can be done in a really creative way. It's just a suggestion, I don't really think it needs to be there, actually.

P.S.:I've been reading the chat transcript, it's hilarious. Jargon, you're the best announcer ever (that could be an award too mini/tongue)

MPfist0 wrote:

If another award really needs to be added, it certainly wouldn't be Best Newcomer, IMO.
I've been thinking I wouldn't mind seeing Best Editing: after all editing it's an important part of every film, and some can be done in a really creative way. It's just a suggestion, I don't really think it needs to be there, actually.

P.S.:I've been reading the chat transcript, it's hilarious. Jargon, you're the best announcer ever (that could be an award too mini/tongue)

Best Editing is a good idea. Also, what about Best Character Design? Just a thought.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Derp
I tried to watch 'All My Friends' on YouTube to see what all the hub-bub was about...
Its blocked in the US due to copyright restrictions...
Thank GOODNESS I just learned about all of that nonsense in 'Henri and Edmond - Copyright' mini/wink

If I'm on the forums, I'm probably waiting for Blender to finish rendering.

There's an alternate link in the All My Friends thread.

Circumventing copyright laws? mini/wink  Great video especially at the end, that was spectacular!
I know this isn't really the right place to be asking this but could the working video link be added to the film's directory page instead of only being on the thread?

If I'm on the forums, I'm probably waiting for Blender to finish rendering.

haha there were only 3 winners through the  whole thing. But congrats! I loved all of them! espicially the french one mini/bigsmile

My YouTube channel is Tommymanga but you have to type in Glitch Animations on YouTube to find it

Congratz! mini/bigsmile

A Twist of Fate | THAC 11: Fish Tale
Youtube | Twitter

"I see… your name is Bernt."

Congratulations to the winners! mini/bigsmile