Topic: The End of Sports

Directory Link

The End of Sports

YouTube
QuickTime

Robert Vylan pontificates on the meaning of sports before declaring them pointless and proposing some new ones. Sherry is not happy about this.

Part 5 of 7 of Chapter 2: "Robots!"

So I decided that I was no longer going to be constrained by the minifig shoulder joint and stuck the arms on with putty to achieve more human-like shoudler sockets. Some of these new arm movements worked better than others and I'm eager to here your thoughts.

Also was the first time using my macro lens mini/smile

Re: The End of Sports

Haha, loved it. Most of the out-of-socket arm movements looked very realistic, I would suggest continuing using them.

What camera do you use?

Good job on this!

While I haven't liked the out-of-socket movements much before, yours were very well done, and may have changed my mind concerning such movements. And as always, your animation is spectacular. The only bad thing I saw was that the sports props in the back were bumped a number of times.

The plot was good and simple, the reasons behind sports were hilarious! And the foiled villain plans were great as well. Although I would still like to know what "Ice-Blocky" is... mini/tongue

Great film, and other than the prop bumps, it was perfect. 4/5
(Sorry, meant to click 4/5, but hit 3/5 instead. mini/sad  )

Although I would still like to know what "Ice-Blocky" is... mini/tongue

Hmm, Robert probably wanted to get giant hockey pucks and use them to knock over TV Tower. mini/lol

Wow, that was definetely worth the half-a-year wait. I was laughing so hard when

Spoiler (click to read)

Phil Brickley took apart the desk.

Last edited by Mickey (May 12, 2012 (08:21am))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Pritchard Studios wrote:

While I haven't liked the out-of-socket movements much before, yours were very well done, and may have changed my mind concerning such movements. And as always, your animation is spectacular. The only bad thing I saw was that the sports props in the back were bumped a number of times.

Thanks, that's high praise! I tried to only use the out of socket movements when it was properly motivated. Robert's little hand flourish on the word "logical" may be may favoirte movement in the espiode.

Yeah, I need to be better about really locking down anything I don't want to move. I'm a bumpasaurus mini/mrgreen

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Although I would still like to know what "Ice-Blocky" is... mini/tongue

I'm having a lot of fun teasing people with that secret mini/tongue

Mickey wrote:

Wow, that was definetely worth the half-a-year wait. I was laughing so hard when SPOILER

I'm happy to hear it. I think that might be my best joke ever. I wrote it over four years ago and laughed myself silly on a public bus, and now I can finally share it with the rest of the world!

At first I looked at Sherry with her hands on her hips and thought, What is wrong with her arms? Then I thought, Oh, that is ingenious.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Nice film. Not too long with fairly good animation. I don't like the arms-out-of-sockets animation, I'm not picking on how YOU particularly did it I just don't like it in general. The jokes, lighting and story were al good although I thought the arm movment when they walked was pretty exaggerated. And I don't know why it took you so long to make it but I liked it. Keep it up, it's getting tense.

You can NEVER take too many pictures. http://www.youtube.com/user/officialani … sults_main

Brixar Studios wrote:

Nice film. Not too long with fairly good animation. I don't like the arms-out-of-sockets animation, I'm not picking on how YOU particularly did it I just don't like it in general. The jokes, lighting and story were al good although I thought the arm movment when they walked was pretty exaggerated. And I don't know why it took you so long to make it but I liked it. Keep it up, it's getting tense.

I'm not completely sure how I feel about arms out of socket animation yet, so it's good to hear thoughts from others. My characters tend to have pretty exaggerated movements, I like everything to be over the top mini/tongue

The animation would have been done a lot sooner, but I got a puppy and a new job which really delayed production. On to the next episode! mini/smile