Topic: Emotikon - "When Does My Life Begin"

Directory Link

Hi @all,

long time no see mini/wink hope all of you are fine.
And to all the new brickfilmers i dont know and who dont know me i just say "Hello!"

long time ago since i posted here - because i either made a few projects what where only in german language or just simple TV-Clips for a documentary and not like a "real" little clip with a full story or stories what where only understandable wit knowing the language.

anyway -> "here we go", with a new little clip out of my animation-lab, in english mini/smile

Emotikon - "When Does My Life Begin"

YouTube

(Official Music Video)
(c) 2012 EMOTIKON, golego animation, tom tron

have fun and enjoy

mini/wink

Steffen, golego

Last edited by golego (March 1, 2012 (06:33am))

Re: Emotikon - "When Does My Life Begin"

Sadly German is my worst subject so I'll just respond in English mini/cat.
It's a nice video. I like the way edited it and nice use of the old minifigure torso. I'd say improve the frame rate to 15. It makes it look much better. Also excellent use of real-time video footage. It looked great in your video. It had detailed sets and was enjoyable to watch, 4.5/5!

i really loved it, 5/5

i love your effects, what program did you use?

http://i43.tinypic.com/a57vdl.jpg
Current Phase: Scripting, 16% done
View Update Thread Here

thanks guys mini/smile

@Keesret: i was using 15 frames for long times and i´m on 12 fps now.
dont know. maybe i like it to save 3 pics per second and be just a little bit faster while animating.

@CGI: animation: iStopMotion, editing: Final Cut X, EFX: Motion 5, a little bit with photoshop

Great job! I give it 5/5. Though I usually prefer 24fps, you did this very well. Nice shot structure and great sets as well! mini/smile

I think that this is really good. Even though you animated at 12 fps, there are some shots that still look really good. It is all around a real good music video.

(Also, I don't know what LEGO City they are in, but its the most energy efficient ever. Seriously! There are bikes EVERYWHERE!)

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Great job, Steffen! mini/bigsmile
We like the song, the beautiful sets, and the way you filmed that clip.
Congratulations!

Nice work, although a slightly higher fps would make it look even better (this has already been discussed earlier). I like the way you created the cityscape using very few bricks mini/smile

I have just released Indiana Jones and the Mystical Gemstone, you can watch it here!

Sonjira wrote:

(Also, I don't know what LEGO City they are in, but its the most energy efficient ever. Seriously! There are bikes EVERYWHERE!)

mini/wink i tryed to make it look a bit like Tokyo.

here is some kind of "making-of"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNA6ZW-vNcQ

Great overall film, I liked the water color feel it had. I also think the sets were great! Also what did you use for the phone?

5/5

Seltsam, aber trotzdem gut!

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

That was really weird. I loved it!!
I also really liked the miniscale city scape, as well as the overall feel to the film.