Topic: Kingdoms: Castle Coup

Directory Link

Kingdoms: Castle Coup

Tube

In the 67th year of King Leo the 101st' reign, Sir Odor of Garlic staged a one man, one day rebellion, and launched an attack on a castle on the outskirts of the kingdom.http://www.facebook.com/#!/RedOnyxProductions

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Re: Kingdoms: Castle Coup

Loved it. Lightning was good. Animation was smooth. Great work!

Very good..and funny mini/lol

BoxOmation wrote:

Loved it. Lightning was good. Animation was smooth. Great work!

Thanks, I have been working at my animation and trying to improve. Glad you liked it!

How... odoriferous. xD

I liked how the camera angle titled when he got squashed (tilted camera angles make everything awesome). I felt, though, that Oder's voice didn't quite fit, and it would have been nice to actually show the old man complete his line before switching to the thing with other videos and the subscribe button.

You're easing in and out could use a bit bit of work, so here are some suggestions:

Start the movement with the absolutely most tiny increment you can possibly muster, then follow with another movement which is about twice as fast as the other, then move onward in this fashion making bigger movements until you get to the middle movement where it's actually going pretty fast, then start slowing it down again for the later half until you get to that other tiniest possible little increment at the end.

It should, in the end, end up about the same amount of time as a movement without easing, but a lot faster in the middle, and a lot slower at the ends.

That's how I did it in How to Not Rob a Bank, which turned out pretty nicely. mini/smile

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

How... odoriferous. xD

I liked how the camera angle titled when he got squashed (tilted camera angles make everything awesome). I felt, though, that Oder's voice didn't quite fit, and it would have been nice to actually show the old man complete his line before switching to the thing with other videos and the subscribe button.

You're easing in and out could use a bit bit of work, so here are some suggestions:

Start the movement with the absolutely most tiny increment you can possibly muster, then follow with another movement which is about twice as fast as the other, then move onward in this fashion making bigger movements until you get to the middle movement where it's actually going pretty fast, then start slowing it down again for the later half until you get to that other tiniest possible little increment at the end.

It should, in the end, end up about the same amount of time as a movement without easing, but a lot faster in the middle, and a lot slower at the ends.

That's how I did it in How to Not Rob a Bank, which turned out pretty nicely. mini/smile

Thanks for the tips, especially the one about easing in and easing out. Appreciate it.

I also typed a rather long post in an old topic several months ago which contains some extremely detailed instructions on dialogue:

Click!

this was awesomeness *pun*

awesomeness wrote:

this was awesomeness *pun*

LOL, glad you liked it.

Nice film, I chuckled.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Very good! mini/smile I really want to make a mideval film. I need to get me some bricks!

Last edited by Anteater (March 4, 2012 (12:55pm))

I'm working on getting my studio back up and running, so stay posted...

Anteater wrote:

Very good! mini/smile I really want to make a mid-evil film. I need to get me some bricks!

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Ha ha mini/lol
Really good, and I just love those 'old' LEGOs from back in the 80's mini/bigsmile

I have just released Indiana Jones and the Mystical Gemstone, you can watch it here!

md2a wrote:

Ha ha mini/lol
Really good, and I just love those 'old' LEGOs from back in the 80's mini/bigsmile

Yeah, most of the sets in my LEGO collection are from the 80s and 90s.

Quite funny film of yours.
Terrific!

I'm back, not like you guys cared
Youtube

MrGhost wrote:

Quite funny film of yours.
Terrific!

Thanks, glad you liked it. Getting all of this feedback has inspired me to make a couple more brickfilms, hope to get a few up in the next month.

I thought it was really good! Great animation, especially when

Spoiler (click to read)

the bridge came down on him. mini/lol

Good job!

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

D.J.M. wrote:

I thought it was really good! Great animation, especially when

Spoiler (click to read)

the bridge came down on him. mini/lol

Good job!

Thanks, I have to admit, I haven't animated alot, and that was my first time trying something like that, and I think it turned out quite nicely.