Re: Henri & Edmond - Copyright

Edmeier Animator wrote:
omarnol wrote:

You also beat Saminatorger's role as maker of the longest brickfilm in history!

Um...actually, Star Wars the Great Disturbance is the longest brickfilm in history.

Oh, yeah. I just went to Leftfielder's website. 75 whole minutes! Wow!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Wow, this is definitely one of the best brickfilms I've ever seen. The writing and cinematography were excellent, and the sets were fantastic. There isn't really much I can say that hasn't already been mentioned by the other reviews, but it's definitely on my list of favorite films.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/youtube.jpghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/sitelogo.jpg

NFilmz wrote:

Also what did you do for the night lighting?

For the night sequence, I used regular desk lamps with a blue filter on it. Then it's all about how you place the different light sources.

jstudios wrote:

Also in terms of the LEDs, were they sort of like Christmas lights or something similar in size?

Those LEDs I used are similar in size to christmas lights, yeah !

Tjark wrote:

Can you download the soundtrack of the first H&E Episode (The new neighbour) anywhere? I would buy it.

Quentin Billard (the composer) has never released the soundtrack of The New Neighbour but PM me and I'll try to do something !

The soundtrack of Copyright will be available soon, but we're waiting for the graphic designer to complete the front cover... yeah, the music is mixed and ready, the bandcamp account is ready, but we're waiting for the cover... haha
It will be a free download with a "donation" option.

PunBB bbcode test

That is one of the best brickfilms ever. Period. I forget I am not watching a big budget blockbuster it is so good. And honestly, I like the storyline of Copyright better than most "real" films. Yep, just awesome. Hope to see more from you guys.

Just as a quick personal note that you probably won't care a hoot about. I've never been a fan of bad language in films. Especially brickfilms. Just personal.

Pretty awesome, man mini/smile
And made in France, that's something I'm proud of mini/wink

I have just released Indiana Jones and the Mystical Gemstone, you can watch it here!

This is a truly incredible achievement. I appluad you and your team for the long hours of work you put in to make this a reality. The movie is clever, fun and professionally made. The animation is as fluid as that done by the best LEGO animators and the length puts it into an elite category. Bravo! C'est magnifique!

I hope to someday make something this polished, but for the time being I'm going to continue to put quantity over quality. mini/tongue I can't wait to see more from you and your team in the future!

I haven't been here in a long time and all of your comments are so touching !!
Thanks guys, again, for all your heartwarming and supporting comments.

Now this project is already past. I can nearly watch it as a normal spectator, haha. I think that a few months ago, I was quiet exhausted of watching it over and over again during shooting, editing, mixing etc… Now I can eventually enjoy it as a film.

I'd really love to direct another one. Maybe something shorter, much more in the vein of The New Neighbour. Maybe next year ? I already have a few screenplays written. I have to pick the right one and enhance it, and improve my animation skills a bit, the standards are quiet high now.

I'm always wondering where I missed the point, because after 5 months there aren't that many views. I think I should post new videos more often, and have them dubbed in english. mini/smile

For those who are looking for the soundtrack from The New Neighbour, please PM me !

PunBB bbcode test

Wow, a third film? It seems you are really devoted to making Henri & Edmond films. I'm a big fan and all. But, it might be interesting if you made something different (in other words, something other than Henri & Edmond).

Anyhow, if you're going to make more films, go for it.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

With the number of views on YouTube I think a person has to watch the film in its entirety to be counted as a view. If one person watches right up until the credits and exits (before the video has officially ended) it won't count as a "view." I think that's how it works, otherwise it would just be a page counter for how many people visited the page.

I enjoyed every aspect of this movie and I watched it right up until the end. So my view counts toward the total. mini/smile

Thank you for a wonderful film.

Jared

legogod wrote:

With the number of views on YouTube I think a person has to watch the film in its entirety to be counted as a view. If one person watches right up until the credits and exits (before the video has officially ended) it won't count as a "view." I think that's how it works, otherwise it would just be a page counter for how many people visited the page.

I enjoyed every aspect of this movie and I watched it right up until the end. So my view counts toward the total. mini/smile

Thank you for a wonderful film.

Jared

I'm pretty sure it works more like a page counter (at least used to work that way).

Wow, a third film? It seems you are really devoted to making Henri & Edmond films. I'm a big fan and all. But, it might be interesting if you made something different (in other words, something other than Henri & Edmond).

Yeah I know. But I must admit that I'm also directing documentaries, small ads etc... and when I come back to bricks & minifigs (based on how long it takes to write/direct/produce), I like the universe of H&E, and want to get back to it. I don't wanna try something else when I think there's just still so much more to do with those characters.

BTW, I made a small ad for a Lego exhibition. Not a real film by itself, that's why I post it here and not in a new topic :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skovuTpNigA
It was shot in a few hours in order to match a really tight deadline. There's NO H&E in it. mini/smile

AND, I want to share something with you guys, we spent a lot of time to do it right : the "Copyright" Original Soundtrack digital release, composed by Quentin Billard and with the help of Benjamin Briggs. If you liked the music in the film, check this link, it's worth it. mini/smile
http://benjaminbriggs.bandcamp.com/albu … soundtrack

Cheers !

PunBB bbcode test

THIS IS AMAZING! mini/bigsmile
I'd never seen this film before. I feel so inspired! It's amazing!
Such great animation, classic clean sets, really nice lighting, and an extremely good story.
One of the things I loved the most were the heavily slanted camera angles. I'm a gigantic fan of those, and you puled it of beautifully.

This is the best brickfilm I've seen yet. I have no doubt.

Last edited by Squid (June 21, 2012 (04:24am))