Re: Henri & Edmond - Copyright

That was extremely STYLISH!! mini/lol
That was the most amazing brickfilm I've ever seen!
11/10  I only wish it was in HD.

http://i.imgur.com/RnPzz.png
*Signature made by Mighty Wanderer*
Youtube | Twitter

this is a film. mini/eek
10/10!

animationIsaac wrote:

this is a film. mini/eek

Mind = blown.
Anyway, this brickfilm is fantastic, the comedy is incredibly entertaining, the animation and camera work is fantastic and it is simply a joy to watch.
In my opinion, this brickfilm is the kind of thing we all should be striving to make.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

The best Brickfilm I have seen in a long time. Period.

The sets was stupendous, the story was entertaining, and the characters were brilliant. It had it's great funny moments, and it also had times that really made me feel for the characters. I still remember your last film I saw, "The New Neighbour".  That was one of my favourites back then, and this has become one of my favourites right now. Truly an inspiration to brickfilmers everywhere, you are a brilliant animator! mini/smile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

iguana wrote:

Filip, I'm getting your point, but let me clear up some things. The movie uses current political events as a basis for the storyline. Especially now, in France, we are talking about the evolution of anti-piracy, and it is sometimes frightening... really !

With this film, I'm not trying to encourage people downloading illegally music and films (the opening), and I'm not trying to promote anti-piracy (the ending)... I'm simply trying to make people think (and laugh !) about this sticky situation and its totalitarian drifts, but with humour, only humour.
Even the ending text message is a joke, and I'm a bit worried that some people *could* think it was done "seriously". In fact, I was more afraid, in the beginning, that "pro-anti-piracy" companies would ask me to remove this film from youtube...

The movie was done for free, I didn't have subsidies for its creation, and I'll never earn money out of it.

No worries. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti or pro-piracy, it just felt like you had all the anti-piracy in the end, which just didn't feel right. I understand what you mean though, without anything against piracy it would be a bit strange and unfitting, perhaps?

Anyways, I still love it. One of the best brickfilms I've seen, no doubt.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Simply, amazing.

This video is spectacular in every way mini/bigsmile My favorite part was the car chase scene. A favorite, like and subscription from me mini/smile

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

That wasn't a brickfilm...that was art.

For me, that is probably the most touching comment written about this movie, about my work. Thank you so much Chris W. !

France & Alex, you're welcome ! That was such a pleasure to have you the day of the very first public screening of Copyright. I hope to see both you and your next brickfilm soon ! mini/smile

Big big thanks to all of you for your supporting messages. But I must really remind everybody that I wasn't alone on this. Ok I shot and animated the film, and was some kind of a "conductor" for that project, but there's a wonderful team behind it :
- the actors Hervé Bonafos (Henri), Jean-Marie Pexoto (Edmond) and Fabien Floris (Vince Stub),
- sound engineer Franck Rivolet who spent so much time on creating and mixing the sound of Copyright,
- co-writer Lilian Ginet who helped me writing the screenplay and lighting both the sunset and final showdown sequences,
- composer Quentin Billard who wrote the entire score and the song "Brick Lady", as long as electronic music freak Benjamin Briggs who arranged the electronic segments of the score,
- Thierry Meyer who provided the bricks and built many sets with me,
- Jean-René Helbert who helped me animating the firetruck chase sequence,
- Anaïs Windenberger who created the SACOM logo, the Dragonflies logo, the storyboard...
- Jean Wickersheimer who provided the place where we shot the film, as long as lenses for my camera,
- All the friends who helped me at some point in the making process !

They all deserve a tribute here too !

Last edited by iguana (December 26, 2011 (06:18pm))

PunBB bbcode test

This film makes me want to learn French even more.

Perfect. Brickfilm of the year.

A Twist of Fate | THAC 11: Fish Tale
Youtube | Twitter

"I see… your name is Bernt."

This is a masterpiece,a true work of art,one of the best brickfilms of our time.
Over 9,000/10.

C'est un chef-d'œuvre, une véritable œuvre d'art, l'un des meilleurs Brickfilms de notre temps.
Plus de 9000/10.

-CDP

cooldynamyteproductions wrote:

C'est un chef-d'œuvre, une véritable œuvre d'art, l'un des meilleurs Brickfilms de notre temps.
Plus de 9000/10.

-CDP

Never trust the translators, I can spot some wierd errors in that mini/cat

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/base.pnghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/youtube2.pnghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/youtube.png
Sig made by RealBrick mini/bigsmile.

legostudiosplus wrote:

Plus de 9000/10.

-CDP

Never trust the translators, I can spot some wierd errors in that mini/cat

I second this.

l'un des meilleurs Brickfilms

This doesn't make any sense. If I were you, I'd stay away from translators from now on.

Maxime, this film is brilliant! The best brickfilm of the year, by far, and one of the best of all time. Everything was great in this film, from story to effects, everything was brilliant. I was especially impressed by the sound. The voice acting was some of the best in a brickfilm, if not the best. Great film, this should be an example for all brickfilmers to follow in the future.

6/5, an absolute instant classic. Well done! mini/smile

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

Wow.  That was incredible.  Possibly the longest Lego movie I've ever seen, but worth every second.  Great concept, great sets, great lighting, great humor, great animation, pretty much great everything! 

The only improvements I can think of are:
1. Film in High Definition, so that your work can be viewed in full glory.
2. Using a higher frame rate like 24, 25, or 30 would be awesome, and much smoother.

I'm still stunned by the amount of ambition required to pull off something like this, again, amazing job!

I've already watched this film multiple times, and it hasn't gotten dull at all.  Before I say anything else however, I would just like to say that the attempts at French in this thread were hilarious (I've taken French for eleven years).  That being said, I thought that everything about this movie was beautifully orchestrated.  From the onset, the thing that struck me was how good the score was.  Monsieur Billard did a great job making a theme song that could signal nothing but the coming of Henri and Edmond, and Brick Lady was fantastic as well.

In regards to the language, I think the voice actors did such a great job that to hear the film in any other language would be a travesty.  And I don't think it's any great revelation, but the subtitles are definitely a bit off grammatically in parts, and sometimes it takes a second to decipher exactly what is being said, which could potentially take the viewer out of an otherwise extremely engaging film.  Also, some words have different meanings culturally and you left some words out in the captions, which can be a bit confusing.  That being said, the errors are somewhat endearing, and do add to the overall heartwarming feeling that Squash spoke of.  But if you're ever looking for someone to translate dialogue for your captions, Maxime, know that I would be more than happy to help you out.

I also thought I'd speak to some of the aspects of the film that others didn't seem to be touching on.  First of all, the lighting was absolutely incredible.  The way the sets were lit lent themselves perfectly to the mood of the scenes, and I can see from your Facebook page how much work was put into getting perfect lighting (something that most brickfilmers seem to leave behind).  Second, I really enjoy the jokes about the medium, e.g. the jokes about plastic, the facial recognition software, etc.  It's something that I noticed in Le Nouveau Voisin, and it's awesome that you continue to use this kind of comedy in this larger scale movie, because it works perfectly. 

And to address some things that have been addressed (to be specific, the things that Suburb said), I do agree that high definition would have been nice, considering how visually rich the film is.  However, the YouTube version is in a high enough resolution that it doesn't take away from the film at all.  However, I disagree that filming in a higher frame rate would improve the film.  The animation is perfect in that it has a style (pardon the reference) that is uniquely yours.  It's true that there can only be so many ways you can position a minifig and take pictures of it, but I think the combination of the 15 fps (I presume) framerate and signature animation fits perfectly with the type of film you're trying to make.

I could go on and on about how much I loved the film, but I think I'll stop here.  It definitely has earned a spot as one of my favorite brickfilms, and it won't be displaced anytime soon. 

Cheers and congratulations on a wonderful film!

... Wow mini/eek

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/Rogeralans/LOGOsigOfficial_zpscdbbba00.png

Amazing.  This is the brickfilm equivalent of a feature-length movie.

The animation was perfect.  I especially like the double-take.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I don't know how you did it, but you somehow managed to trump The New Neighbor, which was already a brilliant film in its own right. This is undoubtedly one of the best brickfilms of 2011, quite possibly THE best. I am seriously astounded by how good this is.

I adored the animation and lighting/cinematography (ignore the comments about a higher framerate, this looks incredible as it is). I will echo Cheshire's comments about how well each scene was lit to match the mood (I was surprised by how effective the quieter, dramatic moments between Henri & Edmond were, something I've rarely seen in brickfilms). I love the film's sense of humor, especially some of the classic meta humor from the previous film (in particular, the "axis strategy" bit and the comments about Henri looking like his mother). Really, this is one of the best brickfilms I've seen. I'm amazed at how well you were able to take Henri & Edmond out of the short film format from New Neighbor and so seamlessly integrate them into (relatively) feature-length format.

Cheers, Iguana, and I hope we get to see more of these characters in the future.

Just to clarify, The things I said about the frame rate are just my own personal opinion.  I use a higher frame rate because I enjoy the smooth look of 25 fps, that's all.  I didn't mean for it to come across the wrong way.  I absolutely love your film as it is.  mini/lol

I have already watched this movie about 5 times and just like what the others are saying, it never gets old. I can't say much with out basically quoting everyone else's thoughts because this film is great on a multitude of levels. The cinematography, lighting, sound design and score were among the best I have ever seen. The story was also full of humor while touching on current affairs like piracy and illegal downloading in a way that can be presented to all viewers both on the side of Pro-Anti Piracy and Freedom of the Internet (I guess). I though your previous film was the best we will get in a long while but I surely have been mistaken. This film in my point of view, is a production studio level work that you would see coming out of some high end animation studio like Aardman with feature-length animated shorts. I would definitely like to see how this work came about and what was done to make such a work of art a reality. This film is inspirational on so many levels, and through this work many others may have been introduced to this great form of are and entertainment. This film deserves the recognition that it has earned and it is already apparent in the comments before us. I have a very hard time seeing anyone else surpass this work anytime in the near future. I hope to see more work from you in the future.

Youtube - Animated Films, Brickfilms, Timelapse, and More!