Re: THAC 9 Results

Just Kidden wrote:

... my personal top 3 would have been BertL, ahnt and Max. But yeah, that's just like, my opinion, man.

thanks Just Kidden,

I guess the problem will always be that judges have preferences and we all are very very different in what we like and dislike. I have to say that my top three were among the top 10, and some of the top 10 were my last 10...  but still serious congrats to everyone!

I don't enter THAC to win, I enter THAC to celebrate my hobby, and one of the cool things about THAC is the diversity, after all: what do you expect when you ask 50 people to make a movie in 24h ... THACOSIS!

Thanks for all the work from everyone, I have a blast, can't wait for the next one,

Cheers Arend

26th, not bad at all. Counting that this was my first THAC.
Thanks for all the work from everyone, hope to enter the next one. mini/smile

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

I personally think the judging was alright, though there was one film that definitely seemed to be in the wrong place.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I wasnt entirely satisfied by the judging process. I think ALL the judges should've judged EVERY film, because the score I got was higher than some of the other judge's scores for things in the top 20...

"I imagine Brickfilming as an endless sea, the ideas float. If they are forgotten, they sink to the deepest part of the sea"
- Troodon
"I'm so used to live action I hadn't thought about the idea of feeding directly to a computer haha"
- Philip 'I own the largest Stop Motion Website' Hienrich

Thanks Cheshire for hosting the contest and all the judges.

WHAT!?
I PROTEST!
AL AZAR DE LO IS A TRUE WORK OF ART AND IT DESERVES FIRST PLACE
if you do not agree then you have no soul

[/rant]

mini/bigsmile

ghostofmrsdaystudios wrote:
CarrollFilms wrote:

How did the fourmonkeys even place? that film was so lame. This contest seems to be more like a popularity contest more than anything mini/rolleyes

not necessarily, i got a better place then you and you're WAY more popular

Cheshire's bro probably knew thefourmonkeys but not Caroll.
I must agree to what Caroll said to some of the entries, I really am not satisfied with some of the results though I actually thought SAS should have placed first, anyway, congratulations to the top 3 and everyone else. This was a fun contest. To conclude, thanks for hosting this Cheshire.

I wish that for once we could have a contest where people don't complain about the results for pages afterward instead of congratulating each other like mature young adults. I realize maybe it's easy for me to say this since I won this time, but there's no pleasing you folks. If there are full results you complain about minutia endlessly and if there aren't you complain that you want full results. I thought Cheshire getting coherent, fully documented and tabulated results together in record time would please people, but the whiny, loud minority always wins out in the forum, I suppose.

Anyhow, thank you to everybody who helped make this contest a reality, including the sponsor Fine Cloniers, and to the judges for awarding me first place. Congratulations to the other winners as well, I liked a lot of the entries this year. Thank you to Cheshire for putting all of this time into the contest and for agreeing to run it in the first place.

mini/smile

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Congratulations to all.

Most of you guys should learn the proper definition of the word 'bias' before continuing to throw it around constantly. mini/wink

Congratulations to the winners and to all THAC participants!

We all have different opinions and tastes, so there will always be disagreements about ANY contest's results.  The important thing is (as was stated) to handle yourself in a professional manner, no matter what your feelings.  There is NEVER a good reason to insult someone's film or say they don't deserve their placement.  That is just plain classless and mean.  You will never gain friends or fans that way.  (Also, did it ever occur to you that it may become harder to find sponsors for future contests if they witness some of these comments?)

Thank you, Cheshire, and all the judges for your hard and speedy work!!

21st place not bad for my first try mini/smile

Please limit signature images to 400 pixels wide by 100 pixels high. Thank you.

Special thanks to Cheshire and the board of judges, who made this contest possible!
The exceptionally-quick judging made up for the two hour delay, in my opinion.
I honestly wasn't expecting to place, but even if I hadn't, I would still be thankful that I got to participate, because really, the joy of film-making is it's own reward. mini/sunnies

Even though I may not be able to afford much at Fine Clonier with my $7.50, thanks anyways to Kaminoan for donating the prizes.  It was nice to have a little something at the end of this grand adventure. mini/wink

And lastly, I want to thank all who participated in this year's THAC.  This was my first contest, and I had a blast! (even if I had to pull 27 straight hours, from which I am still recovering.)  Thanks for entering everyone, and I do hope you will all return next year! mini/lol

PS:  Nickdurron, I personally thought your entry was better than mine.  You did an excellent job on it. mini/smile

Has there ever been a THAC with results that everyone didn' go mental over?
I think not.
Seriously guys, stop being so immature, the ratings are fair.
If you didn't place first, you weren't good enough. OK?

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Well, I think the reason why many people can't seem to agree with who really deserved to win, is because there was no theme, therefore making it more difficult to judge the entries. It's much easier when they all have a common theme, don't you think? That said, I can't say I agree or disagree with the results (after all, I didn't even enter), I'm happy that my favourite entries made it in the top 15 (BertL, MindGame, Just Kidden), though I didn't see all of them. I'm sad I couldn't enter, I almost didn't even touch the computer that day, except for a few hours, I hope I can do something for the next THAC, and not be as busy as I was this time.
The results came out surprisingly earlier than usual, you did a great job organizing this contest.
Congratulation to the winners.

Wow, that was fast.

Congrats to the winners! Hope I enter next year. mini/bigsmile

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

12st place! not bad for my first entry to a contest ever mini/bigsmile

37th place? (Or if you count the ties, 24th out of 31). mini/sad I know my film wasn't the best, but I personally thought it was better than that, but whatever.

Congrats to Sméagol, Suburb, and Nick! mini/bigsmile

I do wish I had done better, but I am proud of my work and that is all that matters, not some number. Does it matter the some person got a bigger number then you? I think some of you should be happy you got to enter in the first place. Some people did not get to enter at all. You should be happy with your work, and not complain because you didn't do as well as you wanted. Notice how thefourmonkeys is not bashing Carrol for his "comment" or ahnt because he was a place above them. Don't got anything nice to say, don't say anything.

Still congrats to everyone who won!

Last edited by Sonjira (December 24, 2011 (07:10am))

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

-_- I was being sarcastic...

Still, congradulartations to the winners!

I think one issue might be the different opinions on "randomness". A couple of entries were fairly random in terms of story and content, or bizarre if that would describe it better. And I bet that half of us likes that, and the other half doesn't. And on top of that we find the line between surreal randomness and strange humor either to be a big blur or at least very thin.

I personally don't like randomness, but I am cool with people who do. What I would like to see is less randomness in entries and more "serious" films, but this was a THAC and I can imagine others think the other way round.

What is sad is that all the entries meant a lot of work, and getting into an argument about which one is better is a little silly, and doesn't pay much respect to the effort everybody made. Why don't we make two categories next time, one for "random" one for "serious". We would have two winners, and would "only" need two prices, the work is the same for the judges, and I guess a lot of us wouldn't argue anymore about the ranking.

Cheers Arend