Topic: The Festival of Souls 2 - The Results!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Desktops/fos2_try2.png
So, I guess better late then never. The results actually had to re-counted twice due to a miscalculation - however all the nominees were still correctly placed. So, before I get down to business, let me just take some time to thanks all the judges*, our sponsors, BrickWarriors (www.brickwarriors.com), and all additional helpers, along with our brilliant contestants, who made it possible essentially for me to host this. I think as an overview of this contest, it was a mixed bag, some entries were frankly, not so great, and some, were actually fantastic. It was a risk to make the theme solely horror, but it was interesting to see people's take on it. Anyway, without further ado, I give you the winners!

First off, Best Technical. While a film should be taken on both it's merits and it's overall balance, it's fair to say technical aspects are hugely needed. And so our top 3!

BEST TECHNICAL: (winner gets $20 of BrickWarriors Goodies)
3. Appearance on the Road, by Harry and Billy Brick!
2. Patient 24, by Spencer Olson!
1. The Dark Woods, by Wilson Weirich!

Well done, Wilson! You presented a very good entry, which overall stood very solid and polished. You will receive $20 on whatever BrickWarriors items you want!

Secondly we have Best Newcomer! We all know what it's like when you start off - it's a learning experience, and part of it is entering competitions. But it's only once in a blue moon you ever actually win, and thats why I'm dedicating a category to those newer entrants, so they can have an opportunity to win. And here are our top 3!

BEST NEWCOMER: (winner gets $20 of BrickWarriors Goodies)
3. Camping, by FuryBroStudios!
2. Lego Halloween Story, by Superben!
1. Paranoia, by Dream Brick Productions!

Congrats, Dream Brick! You delighted and surprised everyone with a very strong entry. It held up well both technically and horror wise. You win $20 worth of prizes from BrickWarriors!

So now onto our second biggest category, Best Horror! It takes a lot to scare anyone, but especially in LEGO. Surprisingly, a handful of people carried it off. However only one entry really scared the judges, and that was...

BEST HORROR: (winner gets $20 of BrickWarriors Goodies)
3. The Dollhouse, by KinzCove!
2. The Scream, by Max Butcher!
1. Patient 24, by Spencer Olson!

A tremendous entry, and a favorite amongst many of the judges. Really quite frightening in many ways, a lot of the offscreen action was more scary then onscreen. A wise decision, given the fact it is animating with Plastic figures. You win $20 worth of BrickWarriors goodies of your choice!

And now to the biggie. Best overall. It combines technicalities, story telling ability, filmmaking talent, and creativity. It was awfully hard to choose, but one entry in particular managed to budge ahead, but only just. And the award for best Overall, goes to...

BEST OVERALL: (winner gets $40 of BrickWarriors Goodies)
3. Disturbed, by SlyCooperFan!
2. Patient 24, by Spencer Olson!
1. The Scream, by Max Butcher!

A truly awe-stricking entry. A perfect mix of everything, bundled into a both frightening and entertaining brickfilm, which overall took home the big award in the end. Well done Max, you win a bundle of BrickWarriors items worth a total of $40!

And that's that for this year! The winner's will be contacted with information on how they will claim their prizes very shortly. Remember to tune in my Vokle tonight, where I'll be discussing the Festival of Souls, which entry came where, and you can ask me questions! Also remember to check out the FoS2 playlist, where you can find all the entries. Until next time, everyone!

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: The Festival of Souls 2 - The Results!

Awesome! Congratulations to everybody!

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Congrats, Max!

BTW, Onion, will you put out the overall results of everybody, too?
I'd really like to see where I placed.

-LASF

If you tune into my Vokle tonight, I'll be able to give overalls of everything, to anyone who wants to know.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Congrats to the winners! mini/smile

Although, one thing I noticed is Dream Bricks isn't really a newcomer. He's been brickfilming since 2007.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Onion wrote:

If you tune into my Vokle tonight, I'll be able to give overalls of everything, to anyone who wants to know.

Okay, what time?

-LASF

Congrats to the winners.

Max and Spencer  deserve to win...their entries sure scared the bejeebers outta me!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Tobias wrote:

Although, one thing I noticed is Dream Bricks isn't really a newcomer. He's been brickfilming since 2007.

Yeah I noticed that too. Judging whether or not your a new comer must have been done by if you were new to BIM, not how long you've been filming.

OK...I definitely did not see that coming. All I can say is that I am honoured, and my ego is sufficiently inflated.

Congrats to Spencer - I honestly thought he would get 'Best Overall', but I'm very glad he's still received acknowledgement.

I wish there was some love for 'The Dollhouse' though. I recommend everyone who hasn't watched through the playlist does so immediately. Nothing like a Horror Marathon in December...

I won't enter next year (although I will definitely keep making Horror Brickfilms), but I look forward to FOS 2012...

Last edited by Max Butcher (December 3, 2011 (12:27pm))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Congrats to all the winners. As a judge, here are the entrants that I would have let win:

Best Horror: The Scream - Max Butcher
Best Overall: The Scream - Max Butcher
Best Technichal: Patient 24 - Spencer Olson

Last edited by Pillow (December 3, 2011 (12:36pm))

On air in 15 mins!

Moderator note: This live chat is not moderated by the BiM staff. As a consequence, it may contain swearing and some adult content. Enter at your own discretion.

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Kinz's entry was my personal favorite, I'm disappointed he didn't get first place for anything. I also liked Max's entry a lot, so I guess I'm okay with it.

Congratulations to the winners, though.

Last edited by Just Kidden (December 3, 2011 (02:31pm))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Congratulations everyone.

Good job guys! mini/smile

I'm working on getting my studio back up and running, so stay posted...

I went to the Vokle. Great show, Hal, Lucas, and Stanley!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Woo! Go Max. You completely deserve it.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/1z3baep.jpg
And the funny thing is, I don't even like donuts that much!
Youtube Channel

I am still wondering about the asterisk in your first post next to judges, Hal. On the vokle chat you laughed and said you had intended to write something and forgot. Are you not thanking someone or slighting somebody for doing a poor job? I found the chat very childish, but that's to be expected from children so I quit.

My question aside- congratulations to the winners. Some good entries there.

Jared

I got third in Best newcomer! mini/bigsmile That got motivated again! mini/bigsmile

-FBS

I need a new name! HELP