Re: The Festival of Souls 2 - The Results!

Congrats to the winners!  I wish that I had entered now.  mini/smile

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

Finally got to look at this! Congrats everyone! And yayyy brickwarriors mini/bigsmile

Good job Max, you totally deserved it! Your entry was frickin' amazing.

Why do all the cool things happen when I'm not here? I was gone all day yesterday for a Quiz Bowl tourney and missed all the winners announcements! :-(
EDIT: I'm actually kind of glad I didn't participate. Looking back at some of the questions, it looks like things got a little crazy...
What was the point of it anyway?

Last edited by topit (December 4, 2011 (05:20pm))

legogod wrote:

I am still wondering about the asterisk in your first post next to judges, Hal. On the vokle chat you laughed and said you had intended to write something and forgot. Are you not thanking someone or slighting somebody for doing a poor job? I found the chat very childish, but that's to be expected from children so I quit.

My question aside- congratulations to the winners. Some good entries there.

Jared

I don't know why you would think that, I simply forgot to put a message at the bottom thanking the judges. Also, it wasn't my fault the chat was childish or slightly coarse, I did it so people could ask me questions, however the questions I was getting were mainly sexual-related jokes and the like - so it's hardly my fault people forgot the chat's meaning.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Come out with the big list!

Stephen wrote:

Come out with the big list!

Agreed!

http://oi44.tinypic.com/1z3baep.jpg
And the funny thing is, I don't even like donuts that much!
Youtube Channel

Ultra bump!

Since it's October already...any chance of a holiday themed contest?

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Oh man, a Halloween contest would be epic! I'd love to enter one. That'd be cool.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I really like the idea of a horror-themed Brickfilming contest.  I've had several ideas stewing at the back of my brain, which are just waiting to break free, and usurp my tortured psyche and haunt my dreams forevermore] uh, I mean, be made into brickfilms...

(Seriously, I'd really like to see this happen.)

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (October 3, 2014 (11:15am))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

God dang it, all I saw in the title was "The Festival of Souls" and I was like "HOLY (Curse Word) THEY MADE A NEW ONE!!!!" and then I got disappointed when I found it someone just bumped the old thread. And yes, there should be a halloween contest, someone please make one...

The Festival of Souls 3 anyone?

Unfortunately it's probably too late to organize one now. And to anyone eager to do it, I would heavily discourage rushing into it. Contest are NOT something you want to rush in to. Maybe next year though.

Halloween B.R.A.W.L

Nathan Wells wrote:

Unfortunately it's probably too late to organize one now. And to anyone eager to do it, I would heavily discourage rushing into it. Contest are NOT something you want to rush in to. Maybe next year though.

What about a contest that's just purely for bragging rights? (No prizes whatsoever.)
Then, we make a poll and the public votes on whose film was the best.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

That's a decent idea dewfilms. I like it.

If somebody wants to organize such a contest, they're free to do so at any time in "General Filmmaking" forum. It can be difficult to put a good contest together on short notice.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I do have a question tho, if you did make a contest say for example Halloween B.R.A.W.L would you be allowed if your not the original B.R.A.W.L creator? If it's not entitled to just normal B.R.A.W.L?

Sincerely,
Divine.

RELEASED! Check out my channel to watch it!
Check out my Youtube Channel New Vid every week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5NKN … 7cRn8gsNaw

For contests like THAC and BRAWL, permission is typically handed down from the previous year's contest runner, and they're annual contests to avoid it losing its uniqueness as an event. So if you do put together a contest like that, it should probably be called something else to avoid confusion or hard feelings.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I dunno. I agree, festivals should NOT be rushed into. But on the other hand, I'm also leaning towards Dew Films idea. I mean, a poll wouldn't be too hard of a commitment than organizing a prize list or anything?

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Any word yet on Onion's response?

YouTube/Twitter/SG