Topic: LEGO Superheroes - Batman Teaser

Directory Link

LEGO Superheroes - Batman Teaser

Youtube

I made this for LEGO to show at San Diego Comic Con this year to promote the new line of SuperHeroes!  Again, LEGO did all the sound and title graphics... Very fun stuff, thanks and enjoy!! mini/smile

Re: LEGO Superheroes - Batman Teaser

I saw this awhile back and have to compliment you. I think yours was the first ad I saw that Lego was making a superhero line. The whole nightlight idea was a genius take. Were you constrained by a script or allowed to do what you wanted? Either way-bravo!

Jared

Yeah this vid is very well animated! I'm taking my Indiana Jones'ish hat off!

Yeah, they normally have a script, and in this case already had storyboards for me too.  That can be good and bad, and I always try to spice things up and make it more dynamic... I should do a storyboard to film comparison sometime!  When I do the storyboards and animatics, it's pretty exact.  When I get it from them I have to work with old clay and mush it into something I want or can at least pull off! mini/wink

I got lucky in this one in that we had a nursery room that could be rearranged into the "boy's bedroom" set.  More importantly, we had old school outlet BOXES that the fig could actually stand on.  And lastly, I was able to find that nightlight from 1965 on ebay!  Neither LEGO nor Warner Bros. was able to help me with that, and it was their idea!

btw the batsignal is actually projected on the ceiling, LEGO added the "cone of light" but the signal was there!

This was really nice! I especially like that you animated WITH STRING. mini/eek  You've got some mad skills.

And thanks for making this, or else I never would have known about the LEGO Super Heroes Contest for which I made something. mini/smile

If you didn't make this,i would've not found out about superheroes.
5/5.

-CDP

cooldynamyteproductions wrote:

5/5.

-CDP

Why are you saying the exact same thing that ANP said?

I'm working on getting my studio back up and running, so stay posted...

Anteater wrote:

5/5.

-CDP

The LEGO sets.

-CDP

Anteater wrote:

5/5.

-CDP

The LEGO sets.

-CDP

??????

Anyways great job Garret, It was very well animated!

I'm working on getting my studio back up and running, so stay posted...