Topic: [FoS 2] Murderers [UNFINISHED]

Directory Link

[FoS 2] Murderers [UNFINISHED]

Youtube

Some voices weren't added.
MESSAGE TO ONION AND JUDGES OF FOS 2 - Please still judge this, thanks.

Re: [FoS 2] Murderers [UNFINISHED]

'Great' work! I loved the animation and cinematography. I turned off the lights but I wish I didn't, cos I was creeped out more then I was after watching the 'Amnesia' trailer.

The 'Great' Stephen certainly lives up to his 'great' name!

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Your being sarcastic! mini/tongue

Onion wrote:

'Great' work! I loved the animation and cinematography. I turned off the lights but I wish I didn't, cos I was creeped out more then I was after watching the 'Amnesia' trailer.

The 'Great' Stephen certainly lives up to his 'great' name!

^
Same here. mini/eek
I have to give a 5/5 rating.

-CDP

Thanks!

Who rated it one brick?

I did. I was going to explain why, but then I ran into other things and forgot about this. But here I am now.

So, let's start with the story. It was quite hard to understand, I couldn't hear the voice actors,and when I could I couldn't understand what they were saying, most of the times. THen the story still didn't make much sense, but probably that's because it's unfinished (I noticed that just a few minutes ago), and I don't see where it's going.

Sets: the first two shots we see have the exact same background, a baseplate. That way we have no idea of where they are, they could even be in the same place, two walls with different colour would have helped more. The rest of the sets were kinda ok, although you could have done better. I saw some multicoloured walls somewhere, but it's not that big problem to me at this point.

The animation was not good. I'm not talking about the framerate, I'm talking about the animation. I couldn't understand what was going on. The walk cycle was almost non-existent, there was no animation at all when they talked, they practically didn't move at all, with a few exceptions.

Sounds: there were three, I counted them. The sound of cars passing by, which I don't understand why it was there (the guys running away really fast, I guess), a thunder, and the police car, and maybe a scream (which didn't really fit). The voice was either too loud or too low, and, well, the voice acting wasn't really convincing.

Lighting: as the film starts, the lighting in the first shot hurts my eyes. Too bright, but I guess it's ok since it gives it a feeling of being in a park or something (although the set doesn't say much about it). In the rest of the shots, the light is not realistic: that night it's too bright. There are a few light flickers too.

Cinematography: I don't want to offend you by saying this, but...it is quite horrible. It's always the same shot, same distance from the characters, there is nothing that may give it a movie-like feeling at all. I mean, there are not creative angles with the camera. Also, the camera bumps sometimes.

Last thing: it wasn't scary. You weren't able to create an atmosphere that could make it suspenceful, even though it was unfinished. I wasn't interested in watching the movie while watching it, nor I was interested in what was going to happen next. The pace is too fast, and that contributes in not making a good atmosphere.

It's a movie that didn't leave me any impression, there's nothing that I can find memorable about it, it's a movie that I watch, and immediatly forget, because there isn't anything that I found special in it. All these facts were what made me rate it one brick, not because I hated it (like the rating system suggests). I hope you're not offended by this review, I'm just writing what I really think about it, and what I think could be improved (you got to work a lot on that), to make sure you won't commit the same mistakes next time.
Because after all, giving an honest review helps a lot more than just saying "great 5/5" or sarcasm (I guess that was sarcasm).
So, I'll look forward to your next movie, hoping taht you'll do much better than here: don't give up just because I gave it 1/5. Good luck.

MPfist0 wrote:

I couldn't hear the voice actors, and when I could I couldn't understand what they were saying, most of the times.

That would be because I didn't have enough time to put them all in.

You have still 9 days untill the competition ends. Why hurry?

MPfist0 wrote:

You have still 9 days untill the competition ends. Why hurry?

Onion recently changed the deadline. I just learned today. The deadline was originally today.

By all means you can submit a different version.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

*Bump* Anyone?

Hello

Anyone?
mini/madhead

Stephen wrote:

No he's completly serious.

- The Great Child Abuser

Stephen wrote:

Hello

Anyone?
mini/madhead

What? If no one has to add anything else, they just won't.
I can understand a bump if after the first day you didn't recieve any feedback. It's pretty useless now.

Lucas wrote:
Stephen wrote:

No he's completly serious.

- The Great Child Abuser

Yep I so believe you. mini/what

MPfist0 wrote:

I did. I was going to explain why, but then I ran into other things and forgot about this. But here I am now.

So, let's start with the story. It was quite hard to understand, I couldn't hear the voice actors,and when I could I couldn't understand what they were saying, most of the times. THen the story still didn't make much sense, but probably that's because it's unfinished (I noticed that just a few minutes ago), and I don't see where it's going.

Sets: the first two shots we see have the exact same background, a baseplate. That way we have no idea of where they are, they could even be in the same place, two walls with different colour would have helped more. The rest of the sets were kinda ok, although you could have done better. I saw some multicoloured walls somewhere, but it's not that big problem to me at this point.

The animation was not good. I'm not talking about the framerate, I'm talking about the animation. I couldn't understand what was going on. The walk cycle was almost non-existent, there was no animation at all when they talked, they practically didn't move at all, with a few exceptions.

Sounds: there were three, I counted them. The sound of cars passing by, which I don't understand why it was there (the guys running away really fast, I guess), a thunder, and the police car, and maybe a scream (which didn't really fit). The voice was either too loud or too low, and, well, the voice acting wasn't really convincing.

Lighting: as the film starts, the lighting in the first shot hurts my eyes. Too bright, but I guess it's ok since it gives it a feeling of being in a park or something (although the set doesn't say much about it). In the rest of the shots, the light is not realistic: that night it's too bright. There are a few light flickers too.

Cinematography: I don't want to offend you by saying this, but...it is quite horrible. It's always the same shot, same distance from the characters, there is nothing that may give it a movie-like feeling at all. I mean, there are not creative angles with the camera. Also, the camera bumps sometimes.

Last thing: it wasn't scary. You weren't able to create an atmosphere that could make it suspenceful, even though it was unfinished. I wasn't interested in watching the movie while watching it, nor I was interested in what was going to happen next. The pace is too fast, and that contributes in not making a good atmosphere.

It's a movie that didn't leave me any impression, there's nothing that I can find memorable about it, it's a movie that I watch, and immediatly forget, because there isn't anything that I found special in it. All these facts were what made me rate it one brick, not because I hated it (like the rating system suggests). I hope you're not offended by this review, I'm just writing what I really think about it, and what I think could be improved (you got to work a lot on that), to make sure you won't commit the same mistakes next time.
Because after all, giving an honest review helps a lot more than just saying "great 5/5" or sarcasm (I guess that was sarcasm).
So, I'll look forward to your next movie, hoping taht you'll do much better than here: don't give up just because I gave it 1/5. Good luck.

Thankyou. Someone who agrees with me.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/1z3baep.jpg
And the funny thing is, I don't even like donuts that much!
Youtube Channel

Dude, don't quote huge posts like that.
'Kay, thanks.

-LASF