Topic: Ninja Meeting

Directory Link

Ninja Meeting

Vimeo

It's a pretty simple idea - two ninjas have been learning a martial art, and they've completed it. They're getting together for a final meeting to practice their most difficult moves. Sorry for the lack of story to it.

Last edited by Drew Killeen (October 8, 2011 (06:53am))

Re: Ninja Meeting

it wasn't really a story. It was enjoyable none the less.
I saw a few Camera Bumps mini/devil and many more Light flickers mini/troll
but they weren't so bad that they toke away from the story.
One thing that I would suggest working on is your sets. typically in Brickfilms you shouldn't let the viewers see the world beyond the animation.
build some bigger walls so that we can't see the walls of your animation studio.

I really liked your run cycle can you show me how to do that? mini/bigsmile

Coyote Creek Films wrote:

it wasn't really a story. It was enjoyable none the less.
I saw a few Camera Bumps mini/devil and many more Light flickers mini/troll
but they weren't so bad that they toke away from the story.
One thing that I would suggest working on is your sets. typically in Brickfilms you shouldn't let the viewers see the world beyond the animation.
build some bigger walls so that we can't see the walls of your animation studio.

I really liked your run cycle can you show me how to do that? mini/bigsmile

Thanks! I meant to say "idea" instead of "story", I know the story isn't really that great, but I didn't know how to write stories that where any good when I wrote this. It was back in the beginning of 2011 when I wrote it, and my goal was more for the effects. mini/tongue But thanks mini/smile I thought I had the "world beyond the animation" covered the whole time??? where was it that It wasn't covered? The light flickers are horrible, I know what you mean. mini/tongue I almost deleted every frame trying to get it out. mini/tongue Thanks for watching it! I'll see if I can make a run cycle tutorial thingy for ya' mini/smile

I can't find what you're talking about where there isn't a wall in the background. I looked through every scene and couldn't find it... Could you maybe give my the exact time in the video that it happened? mini/smile

Last edited by Drew Killeen (October 8, 2011 (08:54am))

What he means is that we shouldn't see the walls of your room in the background. You need to create the illusion of a Lego world. Interior sets should have walls made of Lego bricks.  For exterior sets, the only time when any part of your set isn't made of Lego should be the sky. Make sure to cover the edge where the paper meets the baseplate, not doing so shatters the illusion. For this film, let's say that ninja dojo was in the moutains. You would build some rock walls out of grey sloped bricks.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Seing your walls wasn't the biggest Problem
what you really should do is cover up so you can't see the Table that you are animating on.
it Really distracts from the animation

minifig051 wrote:

What he means is that we shouldn't see the walls of your room in the background. You need to create the illusion of a Lego world. Interior sets should have walls made of Lego bricks.  For exterior sets, the only time when any part of your set isn't made of Lego should be the sky. Make sure to cover the edge where the paper meets the baseplate, not doing so shatters the illusion. For this film, let's say that ninja dojo was in the moutains. You would build some rock walls out of grey sloped bricks.

Ah... I do have trouble with that.

Coyote Creek Films wrote:

Seing your walls wasn't the biggest Problem
what you really should do is cover up so you can't see the Table that you are animating on.
it Really distracts from the animation

LOL mini/tongue I think you might be a tiny bit to observant. mini/tongue But you are right. mini/smile

Last edited by Drew Killeen (October 10, 2011 (12:52pm))