Topic: A New Battlefield

Directory Link

A New Battlefield

Click Here for the Youtube Linky

Basically a small short that hopefully gets a few lols due to the simple joke.

Prepare for a new type of warfare.
-----
A new generation of fighters.
An improved arsenal of weapons.
A more dangerous tomorrow.
-----

This was mainly just to see how smooth I could make my animation, and to see how well I can use clay. I don't expect to be doing any claymation, but it still seems like a fun thing to try out.

Comments and criticism would be greatly appreciated.

I am still working on a larger project that will be done soon*
*soon could be in the span of 1 - 3 months

-----
~EnvelopeCrease~

Last edited by EnvelopeCrease (September 20, 2011 (05:34pm))

This is my signature.  I am supposed to include a thought provoking quote, but unfortunately I have none. 

~ Youtube Channel ~

Re: A New Battlefield

Not bad. A bit flickery and bumpy in a couple spots but pretty good. How long will the full film be?

http://i53.tinypic.com/hwd9qr.png

Yeah, it was pretty good, but the camera was a bit too shaky. I understand that you were going for the shaky camera effect, but I say you should practice some more. I'm not that good at it myself, but it was kinda distracting. Also, what frame rate are you at?

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

That was pretty good. I was actually bummed with the joke and was hoping it would continue on as a serious war film. The set was pretty unique also.

This was pretty funny.  The animation was a little choppy, but good for you for trying the dynamic camera movements!  It's probably one of the hardest things to master in brickfilming (I'm not even that great at it).  I also enjoyed listening to the foley (sounds) of the cloth movements and moving the guns around in their hands.  I always enjoy listening to that sort of thing, so I'd like to know if you recorded it yourself, or found it on some sound site.  There was really only one thing I didn't like, and that was the face change.  It seemed a little out of place.  I would rather you have kept the regular face.  All in all, it was a pretty decent short.

Stalk me on Twitter

Olsonstudios wrote:

That was pretty good. I was actually bummed with the joke and was hoping it would continue on as a serious war film. The set was pretty unique also.

I was trying to make something short, but I definitely want to make a longer war film.  I'm glad that you liked it.  The main part I was trying to improve upon was the sound atmosphere. 

SpaceGorilla wrote:

Yeah, it was pretty good, but the camera was a bit too shaky. I understand that you were going for the shaky camera effect, but I say you should practice some more. I'm not that good at it myself, but it was kinda distracting. Also, what frame rate are you at?

I do have a some problems with camera shake.  Hopefully I can improve.  mini/smile  I animate at 8 - 10 fps.  It's quite choppy, but it's also what I'm comfortable with. 

AnimartianStudios wrote:

This was pretty funny.  The animation was a little choppy, but good for you for trying the dynamic camera movements!  It's probably one of the hardest things to master in brickfilming (I'm not even that great at it).  I also enjoyed listening to the foley (sounds) of the cloth movements and moving the guns around in their hands.  I always enjoy listening to that sort of thing, so I'd like to know if you recorded it yourself, or found it on some sound site.  There was really only one thing I didn't like, and that was the face change.  It seemed a little out of place.  I would rather you have kept the regular face.  All in all, it was a pretty decent short.

Thanks!  I tried to find a more suitable way of ending it, but I decided to go with the simple approach.  I'm glad you enjoyed it!

LegoLandChronicles wrote:

Not bad. A bit flickery and bumpy in a couple spots but pretty good. How long will the full film be?

I haven't started on a longer film with this specific theme, but I am working on a WWII film.
Here'e a small teaser of what I am in the process of making:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Zs21SOTiA

Again, thank you for the positive feedback everyone!

This is my signature.  I am supposed to include a thought provoking quote, but unfortunately I have none. 

~ Youtube Channel ~