Topic: Cleaning Time: The Janitorial Contingency

Directory Link

Cleaning Time: The Janitorial Contingency

Cleaning Time: The Janitorial Contingency  - YouTube

I recently got access to my old computer with several GB worth of Brickfilms classics on the HD. While it is being packed up into storage for now, I retrieved my films and a select few others to put back online. I'm posting this film, the first officially completed Brickfilms Community Project, for your enjoyment. The project was produced by RevMen and Shootin Bricks and had help from countless others, including me as a writer, animator and project guardian.

For those interested in who animated what, I found a list compiled by RevMen. Naming scenes constitutes spoilers, hence the tag:

Spoiler (click to read)

Opening 3D - Cometgreen
Establishing shot - RevMen
Inside the lab - Jeff the drummer
Title graphic - David West
Arrival and Alien discovery of machine - Motfilms
Finding the machine missing - The Janitor
Still shot over the shoulder towards TV - David West
Still shot of machine in the news - Kristian
In the shop - David West
Into the museum - Kristian
The museum - Kristian
Displays in the museum - RevMen
The past - Logan
Back in the lab, break time - Jeff the drummer
The Coda - David West

Any help clarifying contributors on the directory page would be appreciated. I added contributors by username when I could find them, but there may be some I missed. Thanks!

Tom

EDIT: Updated link on YouTube

Last edited by Motfilms (August 29, 2011 (06:00pm))

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room.

Re: Cleaning Time: The Janitorial Contingency

YES!

Not seen this in time!

Thankyou so much!! <3

This was great. I don't have much time to write a review right now, but btw, thanks for sharing it, you all did a great job. Also, just curiosity, when was this made?

MPfist0 wrote:

This was great. I don't have much time to write a review right now, but btw, thanks for sharing it, you all did a great job. Also, just curiosity, when was this made?

2005. I had to check his BiM profile to see when he made it.

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

MPfist0 wrote:

Took several members of the Brickfilming community 2 years, was released in about June 2005. I'll try and find the news post for it in my archives.

Now here's a brickfilm I never thought I'd see. This is great, we really need another community project on the go.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Welcome back Motfilms!
And thank you for posting!

mini/smile

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Great film!

Hazzat wrote:

we really need another community project on the go.

that would be a lot of fun! mini/bigsmile

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

Thanks for the kind response and welcome. If I recall correctly, we began writing the script in the summer of 2003 and the film was released in July 2005. The film did spend a long time in production, but I am very pleased with the result. This project shows that even fiercely creative individuals like brickfilmers can come together to create something bigger than they could take on alone. It seems that the film directory lists me as director, which I did not do and do not want to take credit for, but I guess that is the way it's set up.

In an off topic note, I've put all of my films but one back online on my YouTube channel, and I am submitting them into the directory as well. The only one I'm missing right now is Royalty Turned Amphibian, featuring the talents of Dewfilms. I still have the film; I just grabbed the wrong version. Dew, rest assured it will be online eventually!

Tom

It's nice to see this back in the limelight again - it remains one of my favorites.

I remember this film, good to see it online again.

However, I noticed that this YouTube version is a somewhat lowly 240p res version (also missing some of the original music). If you want, I have the original, 640x480 RealMedia version uploaded, if you wanted a higher quality version of it.

Last edited by MindGame (August 29, 2011 (03:34pm))

Motfilms wrote:

In an off topic note, I've put all of my films but one back online on my YouTube channel, and I am submitting them into the directory as well. The only one I'm missing right now is Royalty Turned Amphibian, featuring the talents of Dewfilms. I still have the film; I just grabbed the wrong version. Dew, rest assured it will be online eventually!

mini/delirium

A huge case of Motts arrives to Tom's front door.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

MindGame wrote:

However, I noticed that this YouTube version is a somewhat lowly 240p res version (also missing some of the original music). If you want, I have the original, 640x480 RealMedia version uploaded, if you wanted a higher quality version of it.

Thanks a lot! That is embarrassing, I didn't realize I didn't have the final version. The video has been re-posted and I've updated the link in my first post.

dewfilms wrote:

A huge case of Motts arrives to Tom's front door.

Excellent. mini/yes