1. Nostalgia: Childhood Memories
2. Jeffery and the Old Man in The Great Airplane Murderer Mystery
3. MAZE

MrLegoProduction wrote:

my top three:

1. Nostalgia - Childhood Memories
2. Monkey See? Monkey Don't
3. Circle

Wow, thanks. That would be...amazing. I've only won a brickfilm fight before, it would be awesome to win something bigger.

Re: BRAWL 2011 Results!

1. Jstudios
2. twickabrick
3. JK
4. Stan
5. darkaman
6. Nick Durron
7. Chris W.
8. LGFB
9. Onion
10. MadBrick

Last edited by Tobias (August 18, 2011 (06:54pm))

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

After watching some more entries I have a better list.

1. JK
2. Darkman
3. Jstudios
4. Nick Durron
5. Eddie Hasscle
6. Pillow
7. Twickabrick
8. Madbrick
9. NXTManiac
10. MPFist0

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I'm amazed.  Three people have predicted me in the top ten, and I would have been happy to be in the top 20!

Thanks to the people who predicted my entry placing high, I really appreciate it and I hope some of my personal favorite entries such as jstudios, Just Kidden, LGFB and Onion entries all place high.

New Prediction:

1. StanTheLegoMan
2. TwickABrick
3. Eddie
4. Darkman
5. NickDurron
6. Pillow
7. MadBrick
8. MPFist0
9. JK
10. Jstudios

Last edited by Binding Brick (August 18, 2011 (01:10pm))

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

MadBrick wrote:

I really appreciate it and I hope some of my personal favorite entries such as jstudios, Just Kidden, LGFB and Onion entries all place high.

D'aww mini/cat Thank you so much, MadBrick! That means a lot. I loved your interpretations of 'hidden'!

Binding Brick wrote:

New Prediction:
1. StanTheLegoMan
2. TwickABrick

Mhm, while I thought technicality wise these were good, they seemed to fall down on story. And especially in Stan's (No offense, I really enjoyed it), it was basically about this stupid guy who doesn't know how to play hide and seek...

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I'm pretty excited to see the results. mini/smile

Even though I'm a judge, I'm not sure what I rated highest, and my ratings are only one 6th of the final score. Anything could happen. mini/what

Though, I hope Stan, JK, and LGFB do well, they were my favorites in no particular order. mini/smile

Onion wrote:

Mhm, while I thought technicality wise these were good, they seemed to fall down on story. And especially in Stan's (No offense, I really enjoyed it), it was basically about this stupid guy who doesn't know how to play hide and seek...

I actually enjoyed both of their entries better than NXTManiac's or JK's (No offence to either of them). They may have had weaker stories, but the screenplay was well written IMO.

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

MadBrick wrote:

I hope some of my personal favorite entries such as jstudios, Just Kidden, LGFB and Onion entries all place high.

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

Though, I hope Stan, JK, and LGFB do well, they were my favorites in no particular order. mini/smile

Wow, thanks mini/bigsmile

LGFB and Stan's were my favorites from what I watched

Juggernaut Pictures wrote:
Onion wrote:

I actually enjoyed both of their entries better than NXTManiac's or JK's (No offence to either of them). They may have had weaker stories, but the screenplay was well written IMO.

Okay, I know people say 'story is everything', all the time, but that's untrue. Execution is key. Even you have a good story, if it's executed badly it doesn't matter. This isn't necessarily regarding Stan's film down, but JK's had a good story, a very good interpretation, and had good execution, thus making it a very well laid out film. Also, I don't believe either film had a great screenplay (TwickABrick's or Stan's). TwickABrick's was good, and the dialog was clever, but it failed on it's originality. Stan's one was basically about a guy who misunderstood things. If anything the voice acting was very good. I don't mean any offense in my post, please, it's just I feel like there are other films that deserve more praise (i.e Maze, Steve - TMS, Circle, etc).

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Onion wrote:
MadBrick wrote:

I really appreciate it and I hope some of my personal favorite entries such as jstudios, Just Kidden, LGFB and Onion entries all place high.

D'aww mini/cat Thank you so much, MadBrick! That means a lot. I loved your interpretations of 'hidden'!

Binding Brick wrote:

New Prediction:
1. StanTheLegoMan
2. TwickABrick

Yes, however, it was funny, audience appealing, had smooth animation, and brilliant voice acting.  It covered up for it's lack of story.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

I thought the story was pretty excellent actually.

Onion wrote:

Okay, I know people say 'story is everything', all the time, but that's untrue. Execution is key. Even you have a good story, if it's executed badly it doesn't matter. This isn't necessarily regarding Stan's film down, but JK's had a good story, a very good interpretation, and had good execution, thus making it a very well laid out film. Also, I don't believe either film had a great screenplay (TwickABrick's or Stan's). TwickABrick's was good, and the dialog was clever, but it failed on it's originality. Stan's one was basically about a guy who misunderstood things. If anything the voice acting was very good. I don't mean any offense in my post, please, it's just I feel like there are other films that deserve more praise (i.e Maze, Steve - TMS, Circle, etc).

Well, I want to say something here. Onion, you may have your point, but you can't decide what he likes or not: it looks like you want him to like what you do...at least that's what I felt when reading your comment. What I mean is, if he likes them, fine: you can't tell him JK is better than Stan. Or viceversa. JP here is just saying he enjoyed it better. And execution not always is the key: as you said in your post even if execution is good, it's better to have a good story. And the way you told Stan's entry could be used with everyone's entry, starting from mine, but I'm not going to do an example with it since my example involves the twist. Let's take your entry: it's about a guy who gets a job offer as a spy (no spoiler, it's the beginning); or JK: "Oh, it's just about a guy who got murdered" (it's no spoiler, it's in the title). And I can go on. It may be that his entry it's just about a guy who misunderstands things, but that's not enough to say JK is better than Stan, not in this case at least: tastes are tastes. There's no real way to say this is more worthy than this one. Well, that's all I got to say, I hope it was clear.
(btw, about the entries I took as example, I loved them, it's just to let you see that it could be done with anything)

The verdict is in! BRAWL results chat on Saturday at 3PM GMT.

MPfist0 wrote:
Onion wrote:

Well, I want to say something here. Onion, you may have your point, but you can't decide what he likes or not: it looks like you want him to like what you do...at least that's what I felt when reading your comment. What I mean is, if he likes them, fine: you can't tell him JK is better than Stan. Or viceversa. JP here is just saying he enjoyed it better. And execution not always is the key: as you said in your post even if execution is good, it's better to have a good story. And the way you told Stan's entry could be used with everyone's entry, starting from mine, but I'm not going to do an example with it since my example involves the twist. Let's take your entry: it's about a guy who gets a job offer as a spy (no spoiler, it's the beginning); or JK: "Oh, it's just about a guy who got murdered" (it's no spoiler, it's in the title). And I can go on. It may be that his entry it's just about a guy who misunderstands things, but that's not enough to say JK is better than Stan, not in this case at least: tastes are tastes. There's no real way to say this is more worthy than this one. Well, that's all I got to say, I hope it was clear.
(btw, about the entries I took as example, I loved them, it's just to let you see that it could be done with anything)

I was simply making a point. Though I never said that he was wrong. He was giving predictions and I thought it would be cool to have a discussion. That's not to say I don't believe what I said, because I do. It's just I was interested to see what was the big uproar on stan's film.

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Execution is really important...  some of the longer films that have meh animation/camera quality and especially ones with poor audio quality are really hard to sit through. I'm sure i've said this a million times, but you need to have good audio if you want people to enjoy your brickfilms.

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

Goliathan wrote:

The verdict is in! BRAWL results chat on Saturday at  3PM GMT.

I'm gonna be gone! Or at least I'm gonna be in a car. Hmmm, well at least an iPhone will be at hand. mini/smile

Last edited by Eddie (August 19, 2011 (10:16am))

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

D: Probably the only day I'll be away this whole summer -_-

I can't wait!

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here