Topic: BRAWL 2011 Results!
The theme for this year's BRAWL is "Hidden”. This can be interpreted a number of ways -- it can be integrated into the story of your film, or in your approach to creating the film. We encourage taking creative license in your interpretation of the theme. Please don't give us a plot and ask if it's ambitious. It's all up to you, so surprise us!
The Mod Elements
This year's letter mod will be the letter B. The rules are as follows:
1. The B does not necessarily have to take the form of an upright B, so it can be flipped, or rotated any number of degrees. It can be upper or lower case.
2. The allowed variant is the letter “P”
3. For clarification, these are the only allowed letter mods, and no other letters or numbers will be accepted.
4. The mod must be visible in each shot, if the color mod is not used.
This year's color mod will be a black LEGO piece connected to a green LEGO piece. The regulations are as follows:
1. The black and green pieces must be LEGO or a similar make and must be touching, if not connected.
2. Any pieces may be used (including minifigures), so long as they are the correct colors [lime is acceptable as a variant for green].
3. The mod must be visible in each shot, if the letter mod is not used.
• At least one of the mod elements must appear in every shot of your entry.
• As you can see, there are two mod elements, so you can use them interchangeably in your frames, but one or the other must be present.
• Thus, you must utilize one of the following three combinations of mod elements in each shot of your entry:
A. Only the color mod.
B. Only the letter mod.
C. Both the color and letter mod.
• Remember that in your credits, the mod elements do not have to be present, unless pictures or videos are included.
Note: It is not original to make a film about how the element changes from scene to scene and appears in every shot. The element is not intended to be the focus for the film, just a way to ensure entries are made within the 7-day time period.
Please send all entries to [email protected] by August 15th at 12:40 PM (40 min after noon) GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
Please remember to INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME IN YOUR E-MAIL. Any entries sent after this time will be disqualified.
In your e-mail, include the names (username or otherwise) of everybody who helped you out with your film and a download link for the film. To ensure that all entries are viewable by everyone, a version of the video with a maximum file size of 10 megabytes per minute must be submitted within the one week time period. For compatibilty and consistency, entries must be encoded using one of the following codecs:
DivX (in an .avi file)
.wmv (Windows Media)
You may also upload your video to YouTube, but you MUST set is as unlisted/private so that it is not public.
You are welcome to make your films public as soon the clock strikes 12:40 (GMT) August 15th, but not before. You may upload a high quality version if you want but your film thread must contain the one you submit in the e-mail. Acceptable sites for hosting are ones like MediaFire.
• Entries must be animated and must be primarily composed of stop motion animation. 3D, Flash, or other animation techniques may be used to supplement the stop-motion but may not be the main focus.
• The film should contain LEGO or similar 'brick' construction toys, such as MEGA Bloks.
• There must be at least 30 seconds of animation in the entry. There is no maximum length.
• Joint entries are allowed, as are multiple entries.
• Entries may not contain adult language, graphic violence (blood and/or gore) or sexual themes.
• While copyrighted/trademarked properties are allowed, you are discouraged from basing your movie off of preexisting films or franchises (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.). It's not original, and will hurt your chances in the judging process. Copyrighted music may be used, but if you so choose, you are permitted to have created original music beforehand. Music does not have to be created within the one week time limit.
2x Modern Arms Combat Packs from Brickarms
Second place& Third Place
1x Modern Arms Combat Pack from Brickarms
Last edited by Goliathan (August 20, 2011 (09:31pm))